United Hiring (again!)

Just based on my experience, HR and Nigel both told me a notification date before and after my interview. I heard absolutely nothing until that date and the website never updated. It was a really long 3 weeks so I’m sorry you all are experiencing that.
Ultimately end up being good news or no?

So... anyone at United got any tips? I'm coming from Texas and am not super familiar with the Chicago area. Looks like it's a lot more expensive up there!

So... anyone at United got any tips? I'm coming from Texas and am not super familiar with the Chicago area. Looks like it's a lot more expensive up there!
The suburbs around Arlington heights are definitely pricey

If you don't mind a commute. There are some cheaper places further away and in Northside chicago

I used a realtor to find an apartment to rent. They are free to use and they often find apartment/condo/townhomes available by individual landlords which are much more reasonably priced than company managed apartment complexes

Don’t go east or or south of Arlington heights

I would try and making generalized statements like this when giving advice on areas to move to. There are plenty of towns south and east of Arlington Heights that are nice. I don't know what prices are like there but one of those towns, Park Ridge, is well-known as a desirable suburb to live in.

I would try and making generalized statements like this when giving advice on areas to move to. There are plenty of towns south and east of Arlington Heights that are nice. I don't know what prices are like there but one of those towns, Park Ridge, is well-known as a desirable suburb to live in.
Agreed. My grandparents live in Lockport. Great town in the SW suburbs. Although that's pretty far. Downers Grove, Naperville, and Bolingbrook are all pretty nice.

Plainfield is really nice as well and is/was slightly cheaper than Naperville.

Also if you’re in Arlington Heights, you could easily commute from Wisconsin and avoid those Illinois taxes.

Back