AS posting

Alaska Airlines is pathetic! Been trying to get on with them for years!!! Same old song & dance, they only want youngsters! Come on Alaska!
Why are they pathetic? I know some people that work there in dispatch, and they started when they were young, but they did have some experience as dispatchers.

Why are they pathetic? I know some people that work there in dispatch, and they started when they were young, but they did have some experience as dispatchers.
They aren't, he is using his age as an excuse for why he isn't getting hired

I've noticed certain people claiming they can't get on a major no matter how many times they apply

Alaska Airlines is pathetic! Been trying to get on with them for years!!! Same old song & dance, they only want youngsters! Come on Alaska!

A quick gander at your posting history seems to imply that you wondered at one point in the last few months whether Allegiant would hire you with no dispatch experience/only airline ops experience. Do you have any dispatch experience? If not, are you an Alaska internal? If no to both, are they really pathetic for not hiring someone who is not an internal and has zero experience in the position for which you are applying? They are a major after all.

I’m 28 if that’s the case how much younger do they want? Sounds like horizon is the only place to go if you want more than a 50/50

If they moved ops from HI to WA I’d hope they’d at least offer relocation bonuses. That being said though, what percentage of those that work at HAL would actually leave for AS vs just taking a parachute / early retirement?

I’d foresee the need for a class larger than what they normally do (less than 5 people for a once annual class) if/when that goes through. That being said, given the current DOJ’s attitude towards mergers; I’d hold my breath. My money is on Southwest scooping up Sun Country in the near future.

If they moved ops from HI to WA I’d hope they’d at least offer relocation bonuses. That being said though, what percentage of those that work at HAL would actually leave for AS vs just taking a parachute / early retirement?

I’d foresee the need for a class larger than what they normally do (less than 5 people for a once annual class) if/when that goes through. That being said, given the current DOJ’s attitude towards mergers; I’d hold my breath. My money is on Southwest scooping up Sun Country in the near future.
I honestly think it says something about the culture and environment that AS only hires a few dispatchers a year.

it means they're not losing people...people want to work there.

I honestly think it says something about the culture and environment that AS only hires a few dispatchers a year.

it means they're not losing people...people want to work there.
Oh 100%. I’ve never met a dispatcher from AS that didn’t absolutely love it. They’re also a smaller operation compared to other carriers so it’s more tight knit.

Back