Lufthansa 747 balked landing at LAX

Dude, you love Sbarros…

@Screaming_Emu @///AMG @derg

Gotta start ‘em young…

IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_0504.jpeg

I remember when the sound of an APU was excruciating.

They hammered it into my head at the regional that I needed ear protection on the ramp because the only thing louder than a -145 running an APU on the ramp was the CRJ-200 parked right next to us.

I get to the new job and you can have a normal-volume conversation, no earplugs, standing under the tail of the Canabus. I mean it really IS quiet...

....and then a 320 comes screeching merrily in....

They hammered it into my head at the regional that I needed ear protection on the ramp because the only thing louder than a -145 running an APU on the ramp was the CRJ-200 parked right next to us.

I get to the new job and you can have a normal-volume conversation, no earplugs, standing under the tail of the Canabus. I mean it really IS quiet...

....and then a 320 comes screeching merrily in....

I can't remember if it's an airport I'm Japan or ICN... or maybe Auckland but the security guard in the jetway won't let you out the door without a safety vest and ear plugs.

I can't remember if it's an airport I'm Japan or ICN... or maybe Auckland but the security guard in the jetway won't let you out the door without a safety vest and ear plugs.

Same for us in MX or JFK. They look at you like you are a kitty about to try and cross 5th ave without looking both ways. Guuuuuurrrrlllllll I preflight this hooptie in the dark with no glow belt or vest on the reg and don't get run over. I may be deaf because of it, but I look around when I'm walking

One day you will realize you have forgotten how to live life with such a tiny human. It is kind of a sad realization. I did it twice, but today, I'd have no idea what to do with such a little person. I guess id probably try sbarro :)

That’s why I ran the idea of kid #4. I now know what a death stare looks like.

Reminds me of this meme

View attachment 77723

Sounds like Puerto Vallarta

Edit: @///AMG beat me to it
Funny story about that accident. When I was going to A/P school I worked nights at BUR and would fuel the Skywest Metroliners that used the gate at the east end of the terminal. It was only a few flights each night but the frequency made it impractical to return to the FBO terminal between flights so I'd drive the fuel truck over there and park next to the fence and do homework between flights. I think I'd moved on to greener pastures by the time that accident happened but it went through the fence exactly where I used to park. It could've been a lot worse and there but for the grace of God, go I...

Edit: That terminal is way too close to the runways but somehow is still grandfathered in even though it violates all sorts of FAA guidelines/mandates/regulations.

Back