Lufthansa 747 balked landing at LAX

LOL the commentary. "Holy Moley!". I hate this streaming crap sometimes, the ticker/info and autistic G rated commentary are way too much. Plus it's funny how these people who say the most rarely know much about what they're talking about, mostly useless diarrhea of the mouth. Sheesh.

I will now give the captain every leg into LAX, don’t need to be breaking Lufthansa’s bad landing record anytime soon 😆

LOL the commentary. "Holy Moley!". I hate this streaming crap sometimes, the ticker/info and autistic G rated commentary are way too much. Plus it's funny how these people who say the most rarely know much about what they're talking about, mostly useless diarrhea of the mouth. Sheesh.
Seriously who watches it? Must be pumped directly into the dorms at Embry Riddle

realtalk, I think I would watch a vtuber stream of airplanes landing if they kept the software/mods/commentary fresh

My favorite jet by far! Was woefully overpowered, fast, uber quiet cockpit (we flew a lot with headsets off above FL180) and the automation was smooth and way ahead of its time. :cool:
Every time I fly with someone that used to be on the MD and the 75/76 starts doing that thing where it can’t hold speed in cruise or on the arrival I look over and say “I bet the MD never did this”. I almost bid it on this last vacancy but didn’t want to be stuck doing MCO morning turns as a west coast commuter. It seems like the most technologically advanced airplane we have.

Every time I fly with someone that used to be on the MD and the 75/76 starts doing that thing where it can’t hold speed in cruise or on the arrival I look over and say “I bet the MD never did this”. I almost bid it on this last vacancy but didn’t want to be stuck doing MCO morning turns as a west coast commuter. It seems like the most technologically advanced airplane we have.
It wouldn't do that if the company paid to update the FMC profile with the winglet mod.

I am worried about you.
Was this you driving around Salmon Creek the other day:

1714542424256.jpeg

When I went through training on the 767, we both had come from the MD. My partner had never flown Boeing before. After about 4-5 sim sessions of watching him CONSTANTLY fight the auto throttles because they weren't instantly responding and watching our speed go into crazy oscillations, I finally told him to just stop touching them. They'll respond eventually. It was like a lightbulb went off!

I miss the crisp responsiveness of the MD automation and that fact that everything was done automatically (as long as the Auto mode of the System Controllers wasn't MEL'd or it wasn't an MD-10).

It's difficult to know what is a rational noise level since I'm already half-deaf from uh let's call them "indiscretions" in my younger years (both airplane and music related). But I'm pretty sure the afterthought-cockpit they pasted on to the top of the 74 doesn't get in under that bar. Headsets off is bearable in cruise, but one does begin to wonder what the mic is even for down low.

Although I suppose it's all relative. A profound portion of my hearing-damage certainly comes from once...*ONCE* operating a Beech 99 without a headset. It was a post-MX flight, and I had left my headset in the car. No worries, we're just taking it around the patch, should be fine. Fast-forward to 30 seconds in to the flight and it was very clear that this was a *serious* mistake. The mechanic in the right seat is clearly screaming at me, like I can tell by how the tendons in his neck are flexing, but I can't hear a damned thing other than the prop that's like 4ft from my dumb noggin.

Uncivilized is what it is. Unlike, it seems, the MD. I finally understand. Plus I hear the VNAV (or whatever it's called) is pretty great.
Side note...For those with Iwatches, you can a pretty accurate reading of decibel levels in the cockpit. Anything near 85+ is damaging if exposed for longer periods. The A320 is typically 73-75.

Back