Postal Service chooses UPS over FedEx.

It would not be uncommon in a bidpack to have 50+ seats on an MEM-ATL (or any connecting city) deadhead. If everyone actually took their scheduled deadhead it would cause some chaos. However, most people are commuters and cancel that ticket and do their own thing to get into position.
Except the company doesn't have to stick with that dh if they don't want to and the cost would be minimal. Everyone is willing to die on a hill they don't climb. I'm guessing @Hacker15e doesnt do alot of FEDHs so this is his hill. Deviation and Deadheading is one of the last sections of our contract that is better than anywhere else. Sorry I'm not ignoring that section of the contract for some random reason.

I’ve heard that the nut jobs have taken over the union there, hope they prove ineffective quickly and you guys can get the adults back in the room.

We are absolutely the dumbest people in our tax bracket.

So my last trip ended in Anchorage with a backend dh. We landed at 1am and I took a 6am to get down to Seattle. The scheduled left at 10pm that night through Chicago and got to Memphis at 10am the next day. I then hope there's a jumpseat back to Seattle (good luck with that come October) and land at 6pm and fight traffic getting home at 7:30pm. So I get home 36 hours later and that "causes havoc on our schedulers"? Nevermind the fact that while I'm sitting there in Anchorage I'm ripe for the picking since I haven't deviated and then they can revise me to do whatever they want.
No thanks. I give this pilot group enough of my time, I'm not going to play some silly theoretical havoc causing like that will have some effect on getting another TA sooner.
Yeah I wouldn’t blame a single person for not taking the scheduled… in reality it is more comical when you do stay on the scheduled and an ice storm hits… they don’t know what to do… at all…

Except the company doesn't have to stick with that dh if they don't want to and the cost would be minimal. Everyone is willing to die on a hill they don't climb. I'm guessing @Hacker15e doesnt do alot of FEDHs so this is his hill. Deviation and Deadheading is one of the last sections of our contract that is better than anywhere else. Sorry I'm not ignoring that section of the contract for some random reason.

At first I thought @Hacker15e was joking and then I realized after the posts kept coming he was serious about flying the scheduled DH. 😳

I’ve heard that the nut jobs have taken over the union there, hope they prove ineffective quickly and you guys can get the adults back in the room.

We are absolutely the dumbest people in our tax bracket.
Yup! But hey, if you don't agree with them, they don't listen to you and you're completely silenced by your peers that blindly follow them off the cliff.

Oh, and let's fire good volunteers that have an outstanding track record just because...reasons.

As you are suggesting…all these little one man warrior programs have a lot of friendly fire without tangible results.

@Screaming_Emu to add to that there were 3 Negotiating Committee members 2 MEC Chairs, and 9 block reps that either stepped down or were recalled, and they all advocated for giving up scope. I wouldn’t call people who want to keep scope nutjobs.

@Screaming_Emu to add to that there were 3 Negotiating Committee members 2 MEC Chairs, and 9 block reps that either stepped down or were recalled, and they all advocated for giving up scope. I wouldn’t call people who want to keep scope nutjobs.
When did BW say he was giving up scope? I was at a couple of different hub turn meetings and scope came up, but he never said he was giving it up. If he did, I'd be curious.

Show your work, please.

When did BW say he was giving up scope? I was at a couple of different hub turn meetings and scope came up, but he never said he was giving it up. If he did, I'd be curious.

Show your work, please.

He clearly advocated to get a deal done quickly rather than getting a deal done right. Sounds like he advocated TA1.0 (which gave up scope) which was the same thing get something done quickly rather than get it done right. Why else would he have been recalled so swiftly?

He clearly advocated to get a deal done quickly rather than getting a deal done right. Sounds like he advocated TA1.0 (which gave up scope) which was the same thing get something done quickly rather than get it done right. Why else would he have been recalled so swiftly?
What specifically was given up? Nevermind. My man you are at a better place now. Why even waste energy on our sinking ship?

What specifically was given up? Nevermind. My man you are at a better place now. Why even waste energy on our sinking ship?

The ability to wet lease while pilots are furloughed, and reducing the wet lease penalty payment and changing the calculation to be purely based on block hours rather than credit hours of what a FedEx built trip would be. Thats pretty alarming. Why am I wasting my time? Because there are people coming in here that have never worked a day in their life there that are completely misinformed about what’s actually going on there, but I lived it.

@Hacker15e said it best:

FWIW, my take on the Union happenings in the last 9 months is that this is something that has needed to occur for literally decades. This pilot group has been incredibly deferential to the company because (long ago) there was a perception (and probably a kernel of truth to) that the company actually cared and wanted to be a partner with the Association for the success of the company.

What appears to be acts in a circus are actually union members doing union things to get representation that actually represents their interests.

The ability to wet lease while pilots are furloughed, and reducing the wet lease penalty payment and changing the calculation to be purely based on block hours rather than credit hours of what a FedEx built trip would be. Thats pretty alarming. Why am I wasting my time? Because there are people coming in here that have never worked a day in their life there that are completely misinformed about what’s actually going on there, but I lived it.

@Hacker15e said it best:
They spent probably 1 million in buyup for May.
A penalty payment is not a method to stop wet leasing. It's a function of the RLA. All wet leasing must cease when the SAM falls into 4.a.2.b. That's all I want. But it's been a year and we still don't have to get a vaccine. When we get the next TA in 5 years I bet the amendable recover payment will even be above 50k

To quote you:
"You heard wrong."

They spent probably 1 million in buyup for May.
A penalty payment is not a method to stop wet leasing. It's a function of the RLA. All wet leasing must cease when the SAM falls into 4.a.2.b. That's all I want. But it's been a year and we still don't have to get a vaccine. When we get the next TA in 5 years I bet the amendable recover payment will even be above 50k

So sincere question, why would they put that language in there if it doesn’t matter?

You must’ve not read the same MEC comms that I read where he threw a fit, mocked the pilot group, and tried rushing a deal.
You said specifically he advocating giving up scope.

You must not have heard him at various hub turn meetings after the scope pass to the company.

Back