MLM's and Pilot Wives

Why would anybody fall for that MLM crap to begin with? I have yet to hear of someone making it big, and know of destroyed marriages (to say nothing of long term friendships) fail because of them. Pathetic.

They ran rampant at Skyway. Ungh.

And a few ran rampant at SouthernJets after 9/11. People would re-finance their homes with a particular company, then use the equity to buy a selection of investment instruments (sold by the same company) but you, of course could help the guy you bought them from because, of course, he's so busy (phone's ringing!) and make money yourself.

Because, yes, real estate never depreciates.

The play was "what are you doing about the upcoming paycuts? You need to be responsible! I can help!" then "Look at the $10,000 check (I made on Quickbooks last week that I carry around in my flight kit).

I asked a guy once, "Hey, do you have any cancelled checks I can look at? I mean, come on man, I can print you an authentic check for $5 Bazillion dollars but the bank wouldn't cash it."

What's a MLM?

Multi-Level Marketing where the success of your "business" depends on hawking product to friends, family and neighbors and getting other similar people "beneath" you to sell a particular product. And so on and so on.

Thanks. Got it; pyramid scheme I knew. MLM is new to me! I guess it was a rebranding since everyone knows pyramid schemes

Thanks. Got it; pyramid scheme I knew. MLM is new to me! I guess it was a rebranding since everyone knows pyramid schemes

Well, it's not just re-branding, but legal skirting also. Pyramid schemes are illegal. MLMs like Amway have gotten around the law by cleverly shifting the focus onto commissions for sales rather than commissions for recruiting members. The end result is still the same, but the courts ruled in Amway's favor thirty-some years ago, so now we're stuck with these idiot scams like Herbalife.

See: jamberry nails.

I learned about that one too.

I literally "can't even". I'm "yeah far" from going on a conquest to expose these ridiculous schemes and figure out what makes them so appealing to particular demographics.

See: jamberry nails.
I learned about that one too.

I literally "can't even". I'm "yeah far" from going on a conquest to expose these ridiculous schemes and figure out what makes them so appealing to particular demographics.

Julie: "Hey, what would you think if I sold Jamberry Nails...?"
Me: "I'd think it's retarded. It's a scam and you are not a sales person..."
Julie: "Why do you say that....?"
Me: "For your friend to make money, you need to sell and for you to make money, you need to find some more friends to sell....It's basciallly a MLM ?
Julie: "What's a MLM?"
Me: "Just NO !"

Next day in reviewing our accounts I see a debit to mother f'n jamberry nails.......

Me: "Why did you ask my opinion if you already had your mind made up...?"

Me: "For your friend to make money, you need to sell and for you to make money, you need to find some more friends to sell....It's basciallly a MLM ?

Next day in reviewing our accounts I see a debit to mother f'n jamberry nails.......

Reason # 4,567.....

(Sweet Jesus)^infinity

Well they're after the pilot wives circle now too. Fiercely. And Uncle Derg is not pleased (which is a pleasant way of saying I'm about to go all Liam Neeson "Taken" when I find the ring leader)

Sound familiar, @JEP ? :)
Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 0754.26.png

Reactions: JEP
Douglas if Julie see's this and try's to get in, Im sending you the bill.... I know your address... ;-)

Did you try the "it's like trying Heroin, just to see what the big whoop is about, what's the worst that can happen?" line on Julie and how did it go?

Did you try the "it's like trying Heroin, just to see what the big whoop is about, what's the worst that can happen?" line on Julie and how did it go?

i'll ask her when she gets up....Working that night shift on the am-buu-lance....

She makin' chedda?

Back