JFK incursion - it’s like they’re not even trying anymore

Or you know... you could do a little googling and watch some cool videos about BTV and how awesome it is, and join in the discussion.
I hear that’s going to be coming to the 330 as well as intermediate flap settings. Ooh, that’ll get me all hot and bothered.

Or you know... you could do a little googling and watch some cool videos about BTV and how awesome it is, and join in the discussion.
I know at least a tad bit 'bout BTV. Heck, back when baby Jeebus walked the earth with the Dinos, the first flight of my life pushing the pedals and holdin' the stick was out of BTV. BTW, that's a CLUE!!! Now, BTV hosts some of our "greatest" and "latest". Still, nobody in the the great or late has even needed to push a pedal in a looooooong time. S'all Good, man.

I hear that’s going to be coming to the 330 as well as intermediate flap settings. Ooh, that’ll get me all hot and bothered.

Interesting.

The new A360 (!) delivered has that system. Pretty simple to learn.

The only “hurdy gurrrrr train by memo”-types would be the first to bitch because they came to Atlanta for a five minute sim session.

“Now choose new power and falls configuratoon. Noe see the recycle flaps on the ecam? Now bring the flaps to a lower, or higher setting. Now return the flaps to the previous detent Now what do we say?”

“Flaps”

“2A, 2A”

“Gooood! Shuttle to the airport to fly back home is waiting, I hope you enjoyed a two day footprint”

The Airbus is waaaay too lady like. The gear handle is a small stick with a half dollar coin round end. The flap lever is shaped like the center console control of a Mercedes Benz infotainment system. The trim wheel spins quietly and slowly.

A Boeing? The landing gear is a truck sized lever. The flap handle is huge, with lots of travel from 0 to full. When you move these levers, you actually feel like a man. When the trim wheel moves, it roars at you.

None of that sissy Airbus stuff. Normal law, Alternate law, Direct law, Mechanical backup. For a lady, it's like normal mode, hormonal mode, PMS mode, and hell / scorched earth mode.

There is only one man's plane. :)

1715795674665.png

The Airbus is waaaay too lady like. The gear handle is a small stick with a half dollar coin round end. The flap lever is shaped like the center console control of a Mercedes Benz infotainment system. The trim wheel spins quietly and slowly.

A Boeing? The landing gear is a truck sized lever. The flap handle is huge, with lots of travel from 0 to full. When you move these levers, you actually feel like a man. When the trim wheel moves, it roars at you.

None of that sissy Airbus stuff. Normal law, Alternate law, Direct law, Mechanical backup. For a lady, it's like normal mode, hormonal mode, PMS mode, and hell / scorched earth mode.

View attachment 77908

Are we going back to OG JC where it was all about hating on the up and coming A380? :)

I know at least a tad bit 'bout BTV. Heck, back when baby Jeebus walked the earth with the Dinos, the first flight of my life pushing the pedals and holdin' the stick was out of BTV. BTW, that's a CLUE!!! Now, BTV hosts some of our "greatest" and "latest". Still, nobody in the the great or late has even needed to push a pedal in a looooooong time. S'all Good, man.
Based on this I'm going to assume you're an asshat. Jesus and the dinos, I'm surprised you didn't list Orville and Wilbur. I've met a lot of people like you over the years and I've forgotten their names and whatever they'd claimed to do. Most of them are probably dead now, and honestly it's no skin off my nose. But I've also met some of the greats and I remember them and whatever conversation I might've had and their passing makes me sad. It's not your fault.

Last edited:

I know you are being pedantic, but it's pretty obvious from the context that BTV is a thing, not a place. And nobody really cares that you know the 3 letter identifier for Burlington, VT.

View attachment 77908
cringeworthy much?

1715831188694.gif

Last edited:
Back