JFK incursion - it’s like they’re not even trying anymore

what's the cause of needing to fuel if they taxied all the way, instead of what they asked for?
was it an assumption of just less taxi time? as it turned out it seems they had to wait longer than additional taxi would have taken anyway.

Or was it some other more complicated thing?

Clearing a Swiss heavy for takeoff. While ***4*** aircraft are cleared to cross the same runway.

Obviously a different tower frequency. But still! Same case as DCA, one hand not talking to other.

Why does this keep happening?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6lAwLy_Os

And these Swiss pilots said yeah, we’re good enough to take off again. :)
Wow! Your thread title checks!

So... who is going to put together the FAA's Greatest Hits VId? I mean, somebody's gotta.

Or, I 'spose we could just keep is simple and create a new game. Instead of Florida V. Germany, the new game can be FAA V. Boeing.

"I'm not on social media!" and then posts YouTube videos.
While your point is spot on, and does apply to other, actual SM facilities engaged in by your target... to be faaaair, YT is not necessarily SM. YT can, easily, be just a video repository. One need not subscribe or participate whatsoever.

YouTube to me is like a streaming service, like a cable TV / DishNetwork replacement.

Not social media - to me.

When I think of social media, I think of Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram. These are the things I’m not on.
Car jacking my next door neighbors college age son, for his Kawasaki Ninja H2, isn't armed robbery... to me!

It's like getting things at the right price, for free

It's social media, but there are a lot of channels who want nothing and just, for example, host Discovery Wings/Great Planes videos from my childhood with the appropriate non-censored original musical score. With no comment or interference from the person who owns the channel. Of course there is a lot of stuff out there on YT that is highly monetized and "social media" ish. I just don't choose to watch much of that.

1. Yikes
2. You're like the Wendy Williams of aviation. How do you keep up with everything that's happening out there?

Ona side note, I think keeping up - and especially accident history - is important for airline pilots. I’m finding out FOs I fly with, I’ll mention something like the Cerritos disaster in the 80s that led to TCAS. Crickets. How about PSA at San Diego? Crickets. And some of them were born in Cali in the 90s.

I dunno. I kinda find it disheartening.

Last edited:
Ona side note, I think keeping up - and especially accident history - is important for airline pilots. I’m finding out FOs I fly with, I’ll mention something like the Cerritos disaster in the 80s that led to TCAS. Crickets. How about PSA at San Diego? Crickets. And some of them were born in Cali in the 90s.

I dunno. I kinda find it disheartening.

Why does it matter? I'd much rather a new FO understand that TCAS is a 1g maneuver than know the history of where it came from.

Back