Delta hiring slowing?

I couldn't resist looking to see if I could find that picture. The intergoogle did not disappoint:

1704603886877.png

Yes but it’s VERY rare
2161 new hires with 315 flows only 52 were WO pilots that got hired outside the flow.
View attachment 75886
Post in thread 'Delta hiring slowing?'
Delta hiring slowing?

I’m told this is from the Union at PSA - that doesn’t seem like a lot of flowing:

AA's Final Hiring Numbers for 2023
Total Hired: 2,161
Selection Process: 1,846
Flow: 315
Military Trained: 29%
Civilian Trained: 71%
Flows:
Envoy: 158 (~7% of new hires)
PSA: 97 (~4% of new hires)
PDT: 60 (~3% of new hires)

WO Regional selected outside of the flow: 52’

@Dacuj - are these stats accurate?

Neener.

When I left C5 last year, you could "opt-in" to Aviate, in which case you had to wait your turn but might flow eventually. But if you didn't opt in you could apply off the street, however I never heard of anyone being hired that way, and the conventional wisdom was that your chances of being hired off the street were practically nil since United of course wouldn't want to poach their own regional feed. There were several different versions of the Aviate program, or CPP as it was called before that, while I was at C5 so for all I know the rules may have changed again. Before 2022 it wasn't a true flow but an opportunity to interview.

Around Q3 or so of 2023, Aviate switched back to an interview-model instead of Opt-In. There were various theories as to why. I was an opt-in, and have been told more by more than one source that if I wanted to street-interview at UA I would have to wait a full year after I left the program.

<shrug> I was never wild about the program to begin with, but I opted in since there was no real reason not to.

Nope. And I’m not responding to you really. I’m only responding in case neophytes are reading.

All that matters is the seniority list you are currently on. Envoy means absolutely nothing in terms of AA seniority, pay, and benefits. Nothing. The most senior pilot on Envoy’s list will be in the very bottom group of pilots on AA’s list if they move over. There is zero comparison and zero benefits gained by any wholly owned regional pilot.
The ironic part is that if someone wants to go to AA, the fastest route would be to go anywhere but a wholly owned.

Around Q3 or so of 2023, Aviate switched back to an interview-model instead of Opt-In. There were various theories as to why. I was an opt-in, and have been told more by more than one source that if I wanted to street-interview at UA I would have to wait a full year after I left the program.

<shrug> I was never wild about the program to begin with, but I opted in since there was no real reason not to.
At least it's not the (@*%$!@ we just got.

What did you guys get?
Acro can correct me if I’m wrong but from friends at her shop it sounds like if you want to go to UAL, you have to apply exclusively through this new program. Pretty much a flow. Requires 1600 of PIC. Between this and the GPI program they put out a few years ago, it really makes you scratch your head and wonder.

Acro can correct me if I’m wrong but from friends at her shop it sounds like if you want to go to UAL, you have to apply exclusively through this new program. Pretty much a flow. Requires 1600 of PIC. Between this and the GPI program they put out a few years ago, it really makes you scratch your head and wonder.
It gets better:
• The 1600 PIC time doesn't start until you're accepted into the program. Any previous PIC doesn't count. This was explicitly confirmed during our "town hall."
• You can have at most four "unexcused absences." We don't have excused/unexcused absences at this shop. Someone asked one of the airline execs in the "town hall," and he coyly said "Our pilots know our attendance policy." (Every day we take, whether sick, emergency, etc, is one day. Calling out sick for a four day == four days. In other words, as it reads, call in sick for a four day and you're out.)
• Absences can't touch vacation, holiday, or training, or you're out.
• Any issues in training, such as an extra sim, and you're out.
• Pilots applying have to complete a full interview.
• There's some other stuff in there, too, but I'm just too over it rn.

It gets better:
• The 1600 PIC time doesn't start until you're accepted into the program. Any previous PIC doesn't count. This was explicitly confirmed during our "town hall."
• You can have at most four "unexcused absences." We don't have excused/unexcused absences at this shop. Someone asked one of the airline execs in the "town hall," and he coyly said "Our pilots know our attendance policy." (Every day we take, whether sick, emergency, etc, is one day. Calling out sick for a four day == four days. In other words, as it reads, call in sick for a four day and you're out.)
Typical of them. I’m sad but not surprised to hear that.

What’s the overall take from FO’s you are flying with about this “opportunity”?

It gets better:
jesus-christ-truck.gif
jesus-christ-truck.gif

jesus-christ-truck.gif
jesus-christ-truck.gif

It gets better:
I feel like whoever runs this program keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop on the hiring boom so things can go back to the good old days. They somehow make it more and more unappealing at every iteration

I feel like whoever runs this program keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop on the hiring boom so things can go back to the good old days. They somehow make it more and more unappealing at every iteration
Nah, but they're gonna make sure the friggin' RJs are staffed.

Not one more seat, pound, jet or job.

Back