Big airport vs small airport.

A little update.

An opportunity for me to apply for a Job where I currently work at(so it would be an upgrade) that could pay near 50K. So I decided to put all my efforts into getting that job. With that salary I would be able to pay for my training(I think). I still plan on working for a FBO. I picked up two applications like a week ago. I liked both places so I'm hoping that they take people for Saturdays and Sundays only even if it means I have to work all day long. I don't know, we'll see what happens. Also, in the application they ask me "salary requirement". Any suggestion to what put there? I don't want to ask to much but neither get abused. Any suggestion on last point would be loved.

Thanks all.

Nice job. Id say a decent hourly rate ($15 maybe?) x the amount of hours you will work.

I recently stopped working the line but did it for over three years at a small airport. The nice thing about working at a small airport, I was able to speak to more pilots and share my story of becoming a pilot with them. I enjoyed this aspect of the job a lot. At a small airport, you can have very busy days as well which can make the day go much faster. Good luck with your job search!

I recently stopped working the line but did it for over three years at a small airport. The nice thing about working at a small airport, I was able to speak to more pilots and share my story of becoming a pilot with them. I enjoyed this aspect of the job a lot. At a small airport, you can have very busy days as well which can make the day go much faster. Good luck with your job search!

Thank you. One of the places that I visited was full of pilots sitting in a room talking about things. It was really a gold mine. Hopefully I can get a job there.

Back