Beechcraft lands $1.4B deal with Wheels Up

Is the model that the per hour rate includes all the concierge services? $4K/hr may seem rediculous for just a KA350. $4K/hr for a KA350, a limo, 50 yardline tickets to the play-off game, and the top-floor hotel suite may turn to be reasonable....

If the business plan actually takes flight, it'll do wonders for Beechcraft. I know they were having thoughts of axing their GA pistons due to a lack of sales.

I don't see this going very far... But I hope for Beechcraft's sake it does.
Even if it doesn't I hope it props the line up long enough to get other buyers interested. Had an interview with them for South American sales on the defense support side a couple months ago. The HR lady didn't seem very thrilled to be there. She had a hard time thinking of an answer to my projected business growth questions.

Well they are by far my favorite GA company. And they definitely make the best GA aircraft in my opinion. Everything they make is quality and they seem to keep the pilot in mind with all all the little details like the cockpit layout etc... I've flown a lot of different Beech, Cessna, and Piper products and I would rate them in that order.

Who is going to spend 134,250 to fly 30 hours a year domestically?

The same guy that paid the founder of this company $140,000 for 25 hours in a Citation Ultra and $440,000 for 25 hours in G-IV. I'll be surprised if a this company ever operates a single airplane, but never underestimate the stupidity of rich people.

Alex.

The same guy that paid the founder of this company $140,000 for 25 hours in a Citation Ultra and $440,000 for 25 hours in G-IV. I'll be surprised if a this company ever operates a single airplane, but never underestimate the stupidity of rich people.

Alex.
On the other hand, were it not for this, many of us would be unemployed......:D

There must be a mistake or folks could be reading into it wrong.

Misprint, corporate discount, many aspects are in the detail. 1 news article about the idea means nothing. The business model/business plan has more detail.

Plenty profitable organizations exists today that avg Joe's thought would be hog-wash!

$1.4 Billion deal.... These folks don't grant billions, or spend billions without really SMART guys looking into it. Business Model has to be profitable. The demand & market research had to be done. Product value was obvious, connections were made, behind the scene deals were made. Needs were meet.

Again, people smarter than us JC'er have read, scaled, reviewed, edited, and scrutinized the details...

Misprint, corporate discount, many aspects are in the detail. 1 news article about the idea means nothing. The business model/business plan has more detail.

Plenty profitable organizations exists today that avg Joe's thought would be hog-wash!

$1.4 Billion deal.... These folks don't grant billions, or spend billions without really SMART guys looking into it. Business Model has to be profitable. The demand & market research had to be done. Product value was obvious, connections were made, behind the scene deals were made. Needs were meet.

Again, people smarter us JC'er have read, scaled, reviewed, edited, and scrutinized the details...
Ummmmm....
image.jpg

I watched two video interviews on line (one was quite detailed and long) with Kenny Dichter and read a couple of interviews/stories and he is indeed saying exactly what has been posted here and didn't mention a peep about anything else that you suggested. He reiterated the exact same figures/costs over and over.

Money spent without a need on a business model that wasn't sound by a really smart guy!

Mistakes get made.

This was a prototype... Like many in history. Totaly differnent genre and different time. Howard Hughes tried to break records in aviation. Howard Hughes was his own bank, and could suffer the loss, without hick-up. Howard Hughes was Howard Hughes. Many things he and his company designed/made did not make it into the public domain.

MAKING MONEY IS ALL ABOUT RISKS.... Howard Hughes took many, and could afford to take many risk. It was his personality. Whether he made money from Spruce Goose or not, He proved his doubters wrong and the Spruce Goose flew... He was successful, and accomplished his goal, irrespective of whether he turned a profit or not.

And they definitely make the best GA aircraft in my opinion.

SHENNANIGANS!@ (uhoh, someone just handed Thorny a pistol).

Beech aircraft are the worst garbage it's ever been my displeasure to fly. Yes, they're better built than GA Cessnas, but that's pretty freaking faint praise, and they land worse. And when you get in to turboprops, there's no comparison on any level. Beech is selling 1950s technology that you can have TODAY. They're the Harley-Davidson of airplanes. Trading on a name and making "new" stuff out of the parts bin.

At the risk of belaboring a point, the MU-2 Marquise STILL blows the doors off a BE90, on essentially the same fuel burn. FIFTY YEARS LATER. They're not even really all that robust, unless you think "robust" means the wings don't fall off easily. The systems are poorly integrated, the "improvements" are afterthoughts. Every King Air product is basically a Beech 18 with bigger engines and more buttons. They singlehandedly RUINED the Diamond. Then they made the "Premier", presumably to make the Bitchjet look good by comparison. I seriously get hives when I hear people lauding Beechcraft. Beechcraft is awarded zero points and consigned to hell. May God have mercy, because I will not. *breathing excercise*.

I think that went rather well, don't you?

SHENNANIGANS!@ (uhoh, someone just handed Thorny a pistol).

Beech aircraft are the worst garbage it's ever been my displeasure to fly. Yes, they're better built than GA Cessnas, but that's pretty freaking faint praise, and they land worse. And when you get in to turboprops, there's no comparison on any level. Beech is selling 1950s technology that you can have TODAY. They're the Harley-Davidson of airplanes. Trading on a name and making "new" stuff out of the parts bin.

At the risk of belaboring a point, the MU-2 Marquise STILL blows the doors off a BE90, on essentially the same fuel burn. FIFTY YEARS LATER. They're not even really all that robust, unless you think "robust" means the wings don't fall off easily. The systems are poorly integrated, the "improvements" are afterthoughts. Every King Air product is basically a Beech 18 with bigger engines and more buttons. They singlehandedly RUINED the Diamond. Then they made the "Premier", presumably to make the Bitchjet look good by comparison. I seriously get hives when I hear people lauding Beechcraft. Beechcraft is awarded zero points and consigned to hell. May God have mercy, because I will not. *breathing excercise*.

I think that went rather well, don't you?
I think it says something that almost no-one up here operates Beeches. Well, there are some 1900 operators...

Back