Worst plane to fuel!

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
I thought the Cessna Caravan was bad, until today when we had to fuel a CASA 212!:crazy:

What gets your vote?

The older Beechjets are the worst (the ones with the trunks only accessible by laying over the right engine).

The older Beechjets are the worst (the ones with the trunks only accessible by laying over the right engine).

Anything with a baffling system (like the 1900C) when you have to do it in -30F, it takes way too long and just sucks. Its not that the fuel caps are hard to reach, but I swear to god, it should not take 20 minutes to fuel one airplane to the top.

Helicopters hands down.

Bonus points for the EC-135.

But, if you're talking about airplanes...Beechjet trunk with a top off. What a PITA.

Oh yes, Commanders have their fair share of suckage as well.

Some of the LSAs with the tank in the fuselage really suck. You can only pump at about 1/4 speed or it backs up and you end up with a face full of fuel.

If you guys are still working line service. Pull the sniffle valve while fueling the trunk in the BeechJet.

Some of the LSAs with the tank in the fuselage really suck. You can only pump at about 1/4 speed or it backs up and you end up with a face full of fuel.

Yeah, but at most that is what, 30 gallons? Worst for me was either the early Learjet (23/24/25) or MU-2. Or the CAP 172 that would come in and ask for 2.9 in each tank.

The MU-2 when all 6 tanks needed fuel. Would also agree that I've never enjoyed filling ANY helicopter.

So much hate for helicopters? The newer JetRangers are the easiest thing in the world to fuel. Just point the nozzle in and go full blast. The older ones (with the spout that came out of the fuselage) did suck though. Just when you thought you found the perfect rate it'd back up and splash all over.

Anyone that spit fuel back at me.

I will admit that I have limited line experience but I also worked for a crop-duster and Id much rather have the fuel on me than those chemicals. :insane:

Try one of these, with no sissy single point.

CaravanAmphibianLoaded_001.JPG

The MU-2 when all 6 tanks needed fuel.

Ugh, try a really old Twin Commander. You could fill it up, and 5 minutes later it would be down again. Something about a whole bunch of tanks tied into one fuel cap.

Or, we had a Twin Commanche that had some STC on it, so that it had 8 fuel tanks. Crazy fun to fuel that.

Back