Where you at?

Ill be heading up to Chicago in July and looking for a line job or a CFI job if i can get the checkride done in time

Well, I think DPA is hiring at the moment, but I don't know if we still will by July. Call the Flight Center at 630-208-5600 during the day, and ask to talk to Scott Thompson, he's the Line Service Manager. The pay's not all that great, and starts at $10 and change per hour for the day shifts. But we keep pretty busy around here with the corporate and charter flights coming through. Good networking opportunities abound.

The three flight schools on the field are Illinois Aviation Academy, Travel Express Aviation, and American Flyers. The guy who owns IAA is a friend of mine, but I couldn't really say which school's the better school to work for. I just know that when it comes to who takes on the most fuel, we go out and fuel IAA the most, AF 2nd, and TEA 3rd. That should give you an idea of how busy the instructors are.

I also know that IAA hires pilots for traffic reporting, and TEA is spinning up an Air Taxi service using SR-23s. So if you don't get your CFI checkride done, there are other opportunities.

Cheers!

Andy

Currently:
Atlantic Aviation @ KMSY

Prior:
Flightline First @ KNEW
Signature Flight Support @ KMSY

I've spent several years at each... I don't know about everywhere else, but in NOLA FBO's steal each other's employees offering them what the other doesn't, thus 3 FBO's for me. :)

Currently:
Atlantic Aviation @ KMSY

Prior:
Flightline First @ KNEW

I've spent several years at each... I don't know about everywhere else, but in NOLA FBO's steal each other's employees offering them what the other doesn't, thus 3 FBO's for me. :)

Hey we come into MSY Atlantic pretty often in the westwinds and one of our gulfstreams, you work weekdays?

Currently:
Atlantic Aviation @ KMSY

Prior:
Flightline First @ KNEW

Hey we come into MSY Atlantic pretty often in the westwinds and one of our gulfstreams, you work weekdays?

Current Ramper Mesa Airlines.
Based out of PHX

CRJ 200 & 900
Beechcraft 1900D
DeHaviland Dash-8

Fun times, low pay!

Back