WGA grounds jets

They seem like a bottom-feeding operation pilot-wise, but it sucks to see more MD-11s likely to stop flying in the near future...
WGA got on my radar because I started noticing their all white 747s and MD-11s mysteriously showing up in the evenings at MHV, parking adjacent to the boneyard for a few days and then disappearing again. It seemed like some shady business was afoot…

…but after checking some flight tracking websites, it appeared they were just flying LAX trips to/from Europe or Asia, then ferrying the airplanes to the desert for cheap long term parking. Those late night van rides from MHV back to LAX must have suuucked! :)

WGA got on my radar because I started noticing their all white 747s and MD-11s mysteriously showing up in the evenings at MHV, parking adjacent to the boneyard for a few days and then disappearing again. It seemed like some shady business was afoot…

…but after checking some flight tracking websites, it appeared they were just flying LAX trips to/from Europe or Asia, then ferrying the airplanes to the desert for cheap long term parking. Those late night van rides from MHV back to LAX must have suuucked! :)
They did the same up here at KMCC outside of Sacramento. I noticed the white tail 744s sitting on the ramp then would depart to ICN/TPE. Turns out they were just parking them there for cheap compared to LAX.

Back