Well eff

I’ve been trying to remain positive and pass off all the fear mongering as just that but this move to me sends a clear message. I feel like I finally made it to my dream job just in time to get furloughed half way into year 2. It was good while it lasted, short but good.:(

I’ve been trying to remain positive and pass off all the fear mongering as just that but this move to me sends a clear message. I feel like I finally made it to my dream job just in time to get furloughed half way into year 2. It was good while it lasted, short but good.:(
I'm sorry.

Thats life. At least the airlines are hiring so getting on somewhere else should be easy enough. Much better situation than many on this site have found themselves in for sure.

The only reason we’re getting the meager improvements in this TA is because the company is going to significantly downsize the number of pilots we have. I hope our pilots have the testicular fortitude to vote NO so we can try to fight for job security in version 2. Sadly, because the 2015 contract didn’t do much of anything for a retirement bump I think a lot of folks in their prime earning years will vote in favor.

Unfortunately yes or no, they’re gonna be reducing the overall number of pilots on property. Drive is here and new management is here and the name of the game is stockholder dividends. Purple promise? PSP? Dead and gone. The big question is do they reduce the overall pilot staffing through natural attrition or by furloughing 10-15%?
Or maybe, just maybe we’re all freaking out over nothing because change is hard especially when it comes to accepting new management and company direction and everything will end up being ok. I don’t know. There’s certainly been a lot of things happening in the last 9 months that would say otherwise.

I think it largely depends on if the freight shows up. Furloughing doesn't solve their long term plans. If the freight doesn't show up before the postal contract expires it's going to get ugly.

Hopefully we get a continuation of the postal contract.

What’s this bad news about the Postal Contract all about?

I’m definitely concerned about the CFO, along with this other crap. I’m moving forward with my exit plan, which will take awhile I’m sure. At that point I’ll have to decide if bailing on 5+ years of seniority is worth it.

But at least I’ll feel like I’m doing something. I’m not going to let myself be a victim to these people.

I’m definitely concerned about the CFO, along with this other crap. I’m moving forward with my exit plan, which will take awhile I’m sure. At that point I’ll have to decide if bailing on 5+ years of seniority is worth it.

But at least I’ll feel like I’m doing something. I’m not going to let myself be a victim to these people.
It's up for renewal next year.

Good for you. Won't see me convincing anyone to stay. I'm pretty much stuck. It's what I always wanted to do. And when I tune everything out and walk out to that MD11 it still is that same job.

Good for you. Won't see me convincing anyone to stay. I'm pretty much stuck. It's what I always wanted to do. And when I tune everything out and walk out to that MD11 it still is that same job.
Same here my friend. Only place I’ve ever wanted to be. Best job I’ve had and probably the best job I’ll ever have. Just hope I can keep it.

That’s what I feel like at air Beachball. As an FO I always assumed I’d get tired of it and go find a real airline job, but once I upgraded the job got way better.

Hoping that worthless human being gets hit by a bus and you guys can get som real leadership.

Best of luck to the Fedex guys. If it passes then it passes. You have to make the best of it going forward. Perhaps one step backwards will create three steps ahead down the road.

It's just amazing to me what happens to some fantastic companies when they make the break with their founder. Walmart never came back (sure, they make money but it is at tremendous cost). Southwest still has time, but so far it's crap. Apple dumped Steve Jobs back in the day, but fortunately there was time to bring him back and have a massive turnaround and put together a real succession. And now FedEx. It is so plain and simple. They had Fred for such a long time. I don't understand how and why a company that was run on its bedrock values so successfully for such a long time can mess up succession so badly.

It's just amazing to me what happens to some fantastic companies when they make the break with their founder. Walmart never came back (sure, they make money but it is at tremendous cost). Southwest still has time, but so far it's crap. Apple dumped Steve Jobs back in the day, but fortunately there was time to bring him back and have a massive turnaround and put together a real succession. And now FedEx. It is so plain and simple. They had Fred for such a long time. I don't understand how and why a company that was run on its bedrock values so successfully for such a long time can mess up succession so badly.
Hedge funds being on the board… extracting as much value as possible ala Lorenzo… resulting state of the company be damned. It’s clear the board doesn’t care as long as they get maximum value for the shareholders and themselves. They want covid era profits regardless of long term viability.

I found the website just in case you need it… joking of course… but maybe I’ll see you there!

Attachments

• IMG_7499.png
    IMG_7499.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
I’m really sad to see this. My brother is a mechanic there and his wife is a manager on the ground side of Express. She’s going to be working with FedEx Ground soon. So, she’s getting her real estate license…

Back