vivo active

fender_jag

Hello, everyone.

I know that many of us are interested in living healthier, more active lifestyles. To that end, I will give a (brief) review, geared toward swimming, of the vivo active watch.

Even though I only started using it this past weekend, I am impressed by its capabilities. Namely, you can track walks, bikes, runs, and swims. As a long-time swimmer, I wanted something for interval training, calorie burn, and lap counting, although this was more or less ancillary as I break up my sets into 100s, 200s, and 300s. Apparently, the lap counter will not track kicking sets, but it is nice to have a detailed description of your workout. It will log total strokes, average stroke rate, average pace during your main set, total workout time and moving time, and calories burned. You can save your workouts and even share your results with others. Due to user error (I think I did not start the watch again in between sets), it was off by 450 yards today during my 2500 yard swim. Not a big deal as I am still learning how to use it.

The watch pairs with a smart phone and can monitor your deep sleep, light sleep, and hours awake during the night. It will also count the number of steps that you take daily. When you reach 5000 steps (or other exercise-related milestones), it buzzes and gives you a fireworks show; kind of looks like Mario sliding down the flagpole at the end of a level!

All in all, I am impressed and would recommend it to anyone who is health-conscious and serious about fitness.

Back