UAL MOAB

Seeing lots of 16,000 seniority Captain awards on the latest bid. Lock starts on award now so these new hires are locked for a while. I’m not sure they understood that and if they did, yikes.
People from my class which was not even 2 months ago.

Personally,

IMG_3612.jpeg

Seeing lots of 16,000 seniority Captain awards on the latest bid. Lock starts on award now so these new hires are locked for a while. I’m not sure they understood that and if they did, yikes.
Probationary pilots don’t start their lock until they meet the requirements to upgrade. I’m still unclear about whether or not they get captain pay while waiting to meet the requirements.

Imagine being some seniorish FO having to listen to some 1 yr CA explain his latest technique? Save it junior.

“Back at Embry Riddle, the Harvard of Aviation, before I got this Capt job here, I taught it this way…..”
From a 4-year guy I know with tons of other airline experience…

“…just flew with a Capt who has been an airline pilot for barely less time than we’ve been here at Airline. He did good work but didn’t know anything beyond his training and little airline experience he has built. Sign of the times.”

We have a very high ratio of green on green (less than 500 hours in seat) and will continue to have that for many many years.

“Does that look good to you?”

And I don’t have the heart to correct 3 spelling mistakes without sounding like a pompous ass

“Yeah”
I enjoy watching people need to spell out everything and include periods. Then see the dispatcher respond in text language.

We have a very high ratio of green on green (less than 500 hours in seat) and will continue to have that for many many years.
Talking to an LCA, I was told that, unsurprisingly, green on green crews have a much higher rate of FSAPs than more experienced crews.

Back