Reflections and Advice on the AT-SAT

I just finished taking the test about an hour ago in Peachtree City, GA.

Ross, this guide was incredibly helpful. I can't thank you enough for your well-spent time in creating this post.

Crossing my fingers for my score now!

Great thread! I'm looking for some clarification on the AT Scenario portion.

When I first started using the green book CD, I was getting very frustrated because I was getting about 14 planes at a time, and the before mentioned "looping" problem was driving me nuts. After downloading the v1.3 patch, the scenario is far, far different, and very doable (more instantaneous changes and no more than 5 or 6 planes at a time). Does this match other people's experience, and is this more representative of the actual test?

Great thread! I'm looking for some clarification on the AT Scenario portion.

When I first started using the green book CD, I was getting very frustrated because I was getting about 14 planes at a time, and the before mentioned "looping" problem was driving me nuts. After downloading the v1.3 patch, the scenario is far, far different, and very doable (more instantaneous changes and no more than 5 or 6 planes at a time). Does this match other people's experience, and is this more representative of the actual test?

That sounds about right. On the AT-SAT, you will have anywhere from 2 - 7 planes at a time and the screen will update once every 7 seconds. It wasn't that hard at all.

That sounds about right. On the AT-SAT, you will have anywhere from 2 - 7 planes at a time and the screen will update once every 7 seconds. It wasn't that hard at all.

The senarios was pretty fun actually. I'm affraid I didn't do so well on the math.

CONGRATS!! I noticed you are in ATLANT as am I. What center you going for?

Thank you!

I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it, but my mom (flight attendant for 35 years and still going) and dad (former pilot / former member of FAA) have suggested the center in Hampton and the PTC TRACON. I'm going to set up some tours here within the next week or so.

How about yourself?

Thank you!

I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it, but my mom (flight attendant for 35 years and still going) and dad (former pilot / former member of FAA) have suggested the center in Hampton and the PTC TRACON. I'm going to set up some tours here within the next week or so.

How about yourself?

im pushing for the Atlanta Center in Hampton as well simply because I stay 4-5 minutes from there. LOL. Good luck to you as well...

My reflection from SLC, October 27:

The green book made the test seem MUCH harder than it actually was. If you can get even halfway proficient with their exercises, you will do just fine. The most important thing is to know what to expect when you go in.

Math: Was very easy for me, but I am an aerospace engineer. People I talked to in my testing group found it difficult and guessed or were unsure on 5-10 questions. MATH IS IMPORTANT!! Seems to be heavily weighted.

Angles and dials: I hope nobody needs help on these...

Scan was not too bad, I definitely missed a few planes and I entered the numbers of a couple planes after they had already disappeared. Was almost exactly like the green book CD game.

Letter factory was easy. They put you through about 6 different scenarios and ask you 3-4 questions after each. I felt like I got about half of these correct, but I never let a letter drop off. The difference I noticed between real letter factory and the one on the CD is: Belt 1 only makes A's, belt 2 only makes B's, etc. If I remember correctly, in the practice CD all the letters appear randomly on the belts. Ordering boxes was a bit different too. To do it right, you should never have 0 boxes of a color on standby. Order when you have 1 box left and need another.

AT scenarios was a JOKE compared to the practice. The practice was very accurate, just about 5 times faster than the real thing.

Analogies sucked for me and everyone, I think i got maybe a 60% on them. Must not be heavily weighted.

Advice: You won't need anywhere near the full 8 hours to take the test. More like 5 or 6 at the MOST. Take all your breaks, it will help you relax. Go out and have a nice lunch.

I'm taking mine on Tuesday (11/3). I've done all the practice tests, now just need to perform. Really nervous about the math - I'm truly terrible at head calculations.

a while ago i put up a math prep that will Definitely help you get a great math grade on the at-sat..PM me and i will send it to you..send your email address...i aced the math and so did everyone i gave it to

I got it, Thanks Anyways. And thanks for your time to post it. I have heard that for most of the questions you are unable to divide them by 6 to convert to mpm in the actual ATSAT and the thought of that is kinda scary, is this true? Please let me know, today and 2moro are my last study days and 2moro, half my day is going to be a car ride!:eek:

mph to mpm is a useful conversion, but I wouldn't rely on it completely. I was prepared to use it a bunch, but found it was usually more simple not to convert. Maybe I got lucky, but the bulk of the questions I got gave a speed and time, and asked for a distance. Multiplication is easy! You can do it!

If the question can not be divided evenly, you should probably skip the problem first of all (the math section automatically returns to the problems you skipped once you've seen every problem). When you get back to it, eliminate choices. Plug some of the answer choices into the Speed=Distance/Time equation. Some choices will be obviously incorrect.

I found it very useful to work backwards on some of the problems I guess is my main point. Good luck!

The mpm conversion will help. It's true that it's different on the at-sat because it doesn't always divide evenly. So you can use it to get close, then figure out the end easier. Ya know? My suggestion is to not look at the answers first. Figure it out and come up with an answer, and if you then see the answer (or one Very close to it) then choose it

Thanks guys! I just took the stuck mic practice test and on the whole thing i only missed 2 and they were math questions but I missed 1 of them by not reading the ROUNDTRIP part and on the other question was just a simple mistake. I am feeling a little bit more confident and I have learned to read every word in every question.:cool:

Could someone please tell me where they post your score for the AT-SAT on your ASAP account. I logged in but then I am not really sure where to check from there. Would it be on the front page?

You will see it on the front page when they post it. You can see the details under "User Information" >> "Test Information".

I just took the test today in Baltimore, i feel really confident that I did good because im positive that I got all the math questions right except maybe 1, angles dials 100% letter factory about 3/4ths of the questions right never missed a letter, analogies ok, Atst I had a couple crashes I hope it doesn't effect my scroe too bad wish me luck! Hopefully I will find out 2moro my score!:cool:

Back