Post-Type Rating Consolidation

bafanguy

Got a question for the legal eagles of the Part 121 world re the 100 hours/120 days flight time post-rating ride required to meet "consolidation" requirements:

If a person doesn't get the 100 hours (or doesn't even start IOE) within the 120 day window and has to go back to the Steep Turn Academy for "...refresher training...", what does that refresher training mentioned in Part 121.434(g) consist of ?

I read 121.434 but didn't get a definitive answer to that. Thanks

This happened to me recently... they gave me a warm up sim which was very similar to the MV profile and then the next day I did an actual MV.

This happened to me at the Beagle and I got one leg of supervised line flying to kick the can 30 days. No requirement to go to Steep Turn U.

YMMV, etc.

Thanks, guys. Using the term "refresher training" is a bit misleading.
Well there's two ways of doing it, iirc
If you go back and redo the checking event in the sim, this restarts your consolidation period for another 120 days. If you had accrued any hours previously they do not count and you'd need another 100.
If you get in the sim before you expire they can give you the 30 day extension- essentially either via line check in the airplane or by a sim check. (This sim event was essentially a landings sim with a v1 cut for us)
Since you've not even started flying it would be kind of pointless to do a 30 day extension as you'd likely end up back where you are now.

Since you've not even started flying it would be kind of pointless to do a 30 day extension as you'd likely end up back where you are now.

I got the impression from 121.434 that to get the 30-day extension under 121.434(h)(4)(ii) that unless you get "refresher training" within the 120 days, you would need to have done some flying toward the 100 hours (but wouldn't get it finished in 120 days):

“…or a check pilot determines that the pilot has retained an adequate level of proficiency after observing that pilot in a supervised line operating flight. “

Back