Mike's Flying Service

Delta Fox

Anybody ever use Mike's Flying Service in Terrell, TX? I saw he has some affordable mult-engine training.

Hmm...

"Earn your Multi Engine Rating in as little as 3-4 days for no less than $1,800.00"
Leads me to believe its the min amount and will / may go higher.

Traverse Air is $1795, same plane, 2 days.

There's a Twinkie at Charlotte Michigan for $199 walk in, $179 block time. (Great lakes Air Ventures)

Anybody ever use Mike's Flying Service in Terrell, TX? I saw he has some affordable mult-engine training.

There are a few former students floating around on this site I'm sure... But I'm still here. So far I've only had 2 people go over the $1800 but they wanted more flying time to meet some personal goals they had set.

Otherwise, If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Happy Flying
-Mike

Last edited:
There are a few former students floating around on this site I'm sure... But I'm still here. So far I've only had 2 people go over the $1800 but they wanted more flying time to meet some personal goals they had set.

Happy Flying
-Mike

I would edit out your e-mail so roving spam bots don't collect it.

Last edited:

Happy Flying
-Mike

You still around? Called a few times last few weeks, left voicemails and no call back...

^ I did the same, I've heard good things regarding him. Poor communication, I found alternate means .

@SAR_One I'm still at it, sometimes voicemails get buried so I apologies to those who can't get through. I've been swamped all summer, most of the delay is in examiner availability as I'm sure most of you have found out from Houston to Wichita. Feel free to continue reaching out, it doesn't look like we'll be getting any new examiners in area anytime soon.
@DForney we've met face to face and had no problems, it was unfortunate our schedules didn't line up. I still wish you luck.

@Delta Fox Other opinions may vary. To each their own though, but if you had ever trained with me I don't think that this would be your stance.

I've met Mike and frequented his FBO many years ago. And, although I haven't taken instruction, both him and his late father are fantastic people. It's a very small mom and pop operation and although they may not have the dedicated infrastructure for CSR folks and people dedicated to answer phones at all hours of the day, I'll still pick them over other "big schools" with the extra overhead and the prices that trickle down to the end user.

Now that said, I definitely favor smaller shops over the US Aviations, American Flyers and ATPs of the world.

I've met Mike and frequented his FBO many years ago. And, although I haven't taken instruction, both him and his late father are fantastic people. It's a very small mom and pop operation and although they may not have the dedicated infrastructure for CSR folks and people dedicated to answer phones at all hours of the day, I'll still pick them over other "big schools" with the extra overhead and the prices that trickle down to the end user.

Now that said, I definitely favor smaller shops over the US Aviations, American Flyers and ATPs of the world.

How much CSR does it take to put a voicemail message that says "we are currently booked through XXXX if you want to be put on our waiting list leave your name and number"

Simply saying sorry I've been too busy to reply to voicemails but I get on the old interwebs and reply to people is poor CSR.

That said, aside from not having none of several voice mails responded to he may very well be a good dude, couldn't tell you cause I never got a call back ! lol

Update, I decided to try Mikes again. He called me back and penciled me in first week of November. Today he called and got a Multi-check ride nov. 4th, we start flying nov. 1st.

I'm thinking he has been really busy, rumor has it he's bought an FBO at rockwall Texas as well. My other options were flying at a pilot mill with a young guy with 25 hrs multi. I'm excited to train with Mike, I have heard nothing but good things from other CFI's and DPE's. Plus he's affordable. So y'all might give him a try. I'll report back after the check ride .

Update, I decided to try Mikes again. He called me back and penciled me in first week of November. Today he called and got a Multi-check ride nov. 4th, we start flying nov. 1st.

I'm thinking he has been really busy, rumor has it he's bought an FBO at rockwall Texas as well. My other options were flying at a pilot mill with a young guy with 25 hrs multi. I'm excited to train with Mike, I have heard nothing but good things from other CFI's and DPE's. Plus he's affordable. So y'all might give him a try. I'll report back after the check ride .
Cool, yea, keep us posted, glad it looks promising.

Gentlemen,

I have had the same problem with contacting Mike's Flying Service. I have reached out to him via email more than once and called and left a couple of voicemails.

Anyone know of another decent place to get a multi-engine commercial add on?

Thanks.

Andrew

How'd it go? I need to bang out my multi

Back