Mes rating widgeon

Kimo

anybody care to send me Chester Lawson's contact info. Was looking to get my mes rating preferably in the widgeon.

Although I did my MES with someone else, I have heard a little bit about him. A friend of mine did his MES with him a couple years ago. Nice guy, clean airplane, but you'll only fly it from the right seat. It has single side brakes and you'll have one of the Brown's for your exam too.

Good luck, multi sea is some fun flying. Just ask @Adler.

Although I did my MES with someone else, I have heard a little bit about him. A friend of mine did his MES with him a couple years ago. Nice guy, clean airplane, but you'll only fly it from the right seat. It has single side brakes and you'll have one of the Brown's for your exam too.

Good luck, multi sea is some fun flying. Just ask @Adler.

Sigh, all I do is MEL.

@Adler.
Flying from the right seat?
There's a video of what appears to be a student in the left seat.

Flying from the right seat?
There's a video of what appears to be a student in the left seat.

That's new information to me. Good information too. As of a couple years ago, I was told it was right seat only due to the left seat brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine did his MES in the Widgeon this past summer and said it was a good experience. Myself and another friend are planning on doing our SES and MES down there this summer.

Moving to Orlando/Daytona soon, this info will come in very handy. Huge Grumman Goose fan.
#1stWorldProblems
#LakeAmphibsMatterToo

PS Have fun :)
PPS Friend did his MES in a Widgeon, used to fly down to FL from CA to do his self imposed recurrent, then apparently found a better deal in Hawaii. Or maybe he just likes Hawaii better, not sure

Sent him a text, will let you know

Disregard, he traded the FL Widgeon for HI Beaver on floats

What a let down. This is kind of like when my wife tells me so and so is an "airline pilot" and then I talk to the guy directly and find out he's just a student pilot. Ya kind of like that

What a let down. This is kind of like when my wife tells me so and so is an "airline pilot" and then I talk to the guy directly and find out he's just a student pilot. Ya kind of like that

Life is like that. Disappointment upon disappointment. Good thing there's ice cream.

I did my MES with Chester. Flew it from the right seat due to the brakes only being on the left side. He does all the wheel landings. He let me try one...it sucked. Honestly I thought the SES at Browns was more fun and a lot cheaper. There is a guy on the lake with Brown that does a MES in an Aircam. The Widgeon was cool but the Aircam sounds like it would be more fun to me. Chester is a great guy though and I highly recommend him!

Back