JC P90X Club

Yup, I quit mine as a result of no results. Couldn't stand the bands anymore. Before and after pictures showed no change. I realize it helps to be on the nutrition plan, but muscle mass should have increased regardless. Trying to keep up on the workout plan just wasn't worth it as I always felt there was something better I could be doing. It also get very old very fast.

Have fun at it.

How could you possibly get no results? Either you are already just a solid block of muscle or you must really not have pushed yourself. I didn't follow the nutrition plan at all and still gained a few pounds of muscle and lost 5% body fat and 15 lbs, and that on the lean version of the program. Maybe you needed higher resistance bands or to use freeweights?

I just started my second go through the program again last week, lets see what I get this time. Still not following the nutrition plan though, it's just too much hassle on an airline schedule.

How could you possibly get no results? Either you are already just a solid block of muscle or you must really not have pushed yourself. I didn't follow the nutrition plan at all and still gained a few pounds of muscle and lost 5% body fat and 15 lbs, and that on the lean version of the program. Maybe you needed higher resistance bands or to use freeweights?

I just started my second go through the program again last week, lets see what I get this time. Still not following the nutrition plan though, it's just too much hassle on an airline schedule.

The bands were either too much resistance or not enough, and I couldn't afford free-weights as they are ridiculously expensive for a CFI.

Fair enough. Free-weights were about the same price as the set of bands. A 40# set of dumbells goes for $40 at most of the chain sporting goods places, you can add more at like $1/lb. I see what you're saying though, especially since you already have the bands.

I'm such a loser. I should have started working out but I was once aain too lazy. Now it will be impossible since I got a second seasonal job.

I'm such a loser. I should have started working out but I was once aain too lazy. Now it will be impossible since I got a second seasonal job.

Just like quitting smoking, it's in your own time; don't beat yourself up. Hope you're still doing great with that, btw. Maybe when you get settled with your schedule, you'll find the time. And if not? Well I expect your sorry butt to BRING IT come January, LOL. :p

Start small. 10 mins, 20 mins...whatever you can do. Just do it.

OK! Just keep it going...do your best and....forget the rest!

I did the shoulders and arms yesterday, and then flew to LA to hang with my dad for his 70th birthday...we surprised him by having his girlfriend bring him to a restaraunt, and we were at a booth across the room from him...my two sisters, and my nephew. He was speechless not knowing we had all travelled from Reno and Sacramento areas!

I finally arrived home at 8:30pm and started the yogax (day 4) I really enjoyed this workout. Once again, I could not do all of the moves all the time, but actually was able to get the half moon on the second try. My shirt was more soaked than after any workout so far. I still had 400 calories left of protein, so when I was finished, I had two chicken breasts two glasses of milk and the renewal drink.

I appreciate everyone posting here...believe in yourself and BRING IT!:rawk:

Just like quitting smoking, it's in your own time; don't beat yourself up. Hope you're still doing great with that, btw. Maybe when you get settled with your schedule, you'll find the time. And if not? Well I expect your sorry butt to BRING IT come January, LOL. :p

umm, yeah...about that. I fell off the wagon last month. I still haven't bought a pack so I have only been smoking 1-3 cigs a week. I feel like I can easily quit again but life has been stressful so every now and again having a smoke is kinda nice.

pullup said:
Start small. 10 mins, 20 mins...whatever you can do. Just do it.

I'll be lucky to find that much time. Until Christmas comes around, I'll be working 5AM - 10PM for at least 5 days a week with only about an hour in between jobs. I might have enough time between jobs to at least ride my bike to the second job. Its only 2 miles each way but thats something right?

I'll be lucky to find that much time. Until Christmas comes around, I'll be working 5AM - 10PM for at least 5 days a week with only about an hour in between jobs. I might have enough time between jobs to at least ride my bike to the second job. Its only 2 miles each way but thats something right?
Yes, that IS something...It puts you in the habit of moving your own butt around. There is something about excercise, be it walking, riding a bike or whatever that gives your mind a chance to relax, and that can create greater peace, which could help relieve the stress that causes you to feel you need to smoke. (I am feeling particularly zen today after doing yoga X last night)

Hang in there Pedro!

Dale, did you just say you actually liked Yoga the first time through? Must have been all that Crown in Vegas...

Dale, did you just say you actually liked Yoga the first time through? Must have been all that Crown in Vegas...
I did like Yoga last night... it was a very calm and yet intense workout at the same time.

I just completed day five and ab RIPPER X...I cannot do all of ab ripper yet, but today I did it better than the first two times. I was able to do the side Vups all the way on the right side and only had to skip a few on the left... much better. I was able to do eveything under much greater control today...
85 to go! BRING IT!:rawk:

Good on you Dale. I'm exhausted today and trying to get up the motivation to Yoga. Haven't been successful so far. This is week 2 of my second time through the program.

Good on you Dale. I'm exhausted today and trying to get up the motivation to Yoga. Haven't been successful so far. This is week 2 of my second time through the program.

dude,

just put on the shorts...
ok then a shirt...
maybe throw a mat on the floor..

ooooohhhhhhmmmmmmm...
now take a deep breath
hit play... see you in 90 minutes oooohhhhhmmmm

namaste

and BRING IT!:rawk:

I start Monday. Between now and then I'm going to do a lot of running to get from "Sit on my ass" mode to "Burn off my ass" mode.

OK today is day seven! All of the main workouts have been completed. Today is a recovery/stretch day.

KenpoX was another intense workout. Today I feel it in the lower back and butt! I wore my heart monitor and kept in range the whole time. I took a few extra breaks, and had to open up my studio and let the cool air in along mith my fan.

I am noticing, that I am warmer now at night. I think my metabolism is starting to increase.

Looking forward to the stretch today...

X :rawk:

84 to go!

Kenpo is fun isn't it? It's the only workout that doesn't have any part I don't enjoy. I'll be doing that later today.

Back