Interest in a DFW crashpad?

John Reynolds

Just to start out with I'm not in the flight industry, but am looking to offer services. I have a house in Grand Prairie TX 20 mins south of DFW airport, straight down 161. I'm just trying to gage interest in the need or want for a crash pad. I have two bed rooms a living room and a kitchen that would be available. I do live in the home but would make the back half of the house inaccessible to anyone other than myself. I did spend some time to look around and see what is offered in the area and did find some other options. I don't want to waste my time and money to get this setup if there is no interest with me being this far from the airport. I am within walking distance to quite a few restaurants and grocery stores. As I don't have it set up yet, I was thinking of offering one room with 4 hot bunks, and one room with two colds. Priced accordingly. There would be cable TV, and high speed internet access. Both rooms would have to share a bathroom unfortunately. But there is a large kitchen, washer and drier available as well as a large living room. I would basically be living in the back half of the house and renting out the front. I could also be able to arrange emergency/last minute housing for others in case of weather layovers or any other such example in the living room if needed.

Sorry for the long post, I'm not looking to charge high rates on the rooms either, I just have rooms that are not being used that I could make use of. Thank you in advance for taking any time you have to respond.

Back