Got my tix...

EatSleepFly

Booked airline tickets for my girlfriend and I tonight on Continental.

We'll be getting in to Vegas in the early afternoon on Friday, 10/21.

Now I just have to find a hotel.

rawk.gif

Nothing is stopping me this year. We WILL be there!
nana2.gif

Man, I thought I was crazy for thinking about early. I know I got them first up last year, but have been waiting to see the fares. I will be purchasing real soon. No idea on the hotel yet,

Maybe, Excalibur, Strat,....Any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I thought I was crazy for thinking about early.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to. I had credit from last year since I had bought tickets and couldn't go due to training, and the new tickets had to be booked by mid-July. I was surfing around last night, and saw that the fares were down to almost what they were last year, so I figured what the heck.

I have no clue on the hotel yet either. I've never been to Vegas, so I'm a little lost. Any recommendations? I'd like to be as close to everything as possible (since we're probably not going to rent a car) without going completely broke.

[ QUOTE ]
How about the Wynn? Or the Bellagio?

[/ QUOTE ]

ComeOn Mike. You just want to be able to park your truck in the garage.
grin.gif

Actually, I heard that the Wynn is doing some discounted rooms because while they got a huge pop initially, they weren't filling as many as they thought they would after the novelty wore off.

I could be wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I heard that the Wynn is doing some discounted rooms because while they got a huge pop initially, they weren't filling as many as they thought they would after the novelty wore off.

I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just checked their base price...The "Resort Room" begins in the Three-Hunny range......Way to steep.

Just checked and the Travelodge (strip) package is $440 for RT air and 2 nights.

Still Looking..........

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at Terribles, its one block off the strip at MGM. Like $80/night. Where is everyone else looking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange name, nice hotel. When I was at SWA, this was more or less the crew hotel. We stayed there a couple of times when we flew out to Vegas.

Doug and I have stayed over at the Greek Isles hotel before...it's about a block from the Stardust. granted, it's on the north end of the strip and it would cost a bit of cab fare..but the rooms are wonderfully nice & comfy (don't get confused looking at the outside/hallways!) and sometimes, there are some crews that stay there as well.
nana2.gif

I'm book!

Got FF tickets (UAL via Ted) Wed-Sun
Booked Terribles $34 Wed/Thurs $79 Fri/Sat
Free Shuttle from Airport

Can't wait to get there now!!!!!!
nana2.gif
nana2.gif

Think 8s for me

I arrive at 825 PM on the 20th, and depart at 835 AM on the 23rd.

Anyone who wants to kick around Vegas on Friday, or head out to the desert to hike, let me know.

I am going to try buy mines in the next two weeks or so.....If I don't run into any other problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Think 8s for me

I arrive at 825 PM on the 20th, and depart at 835 AM on the 23rd.

Anyone who wants to kick around Vegas on Friday, or head out to the desert to hike, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're stayin where?

Not sure yet. I have to work out a few details with people who may or may not be joining me in Vegas.

Then I'll know. The tickets are set, hotel can wait a bit.

aannnd we're booked as well. John and I are coming in on AirTran at 4:30pm Friday and leaving at 1:30pm on Sunday (late enough that we *shouldn't* miss the flight)

We're planning on staying Hawthorne Suites again this year cause it's relatively cheap and close to stuff

[ QUOTE ]
aannnd we're booked as well. John and I are coming in on AirTran at 4:30pm Friday and leaving at 1:30pm on Sunday (late enough that we *shouldn't* miss the flight)

We're planning on staying Hawthorne Suites again this year cause it's relatively cheap and close to stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you two book your room already? I booked a 2br/1bath 1 sleeper sofa (6 ppl allowed) and I think it was $169 a night. I am getting in Friday around 9am and leaving Sunday about 10am. I'll be traveling via Sun Country nonstop from MSP.

Back