McDonnell Douglas Lounge Fly DC Jets

mikecweb

IMG_0650.jpeg

“ZAS operated a variety of aircraft, from old Boeing 707s to modern MD-87s and Airbus A300s. The Gulf War of 1990-91 brought a downturn in the Egyptian tourist business and ZAS was heavily affected. Sometime in the 1990s the government wanted to nationalize the airline but [the two owner-brothers] refused to, so the government greatly increased their taxes and occasionally cut the water and electricity supply to their homes. After increasing difficulties, all operations ceased in April 1995.”

I remember my first ride on the MD-11 from LAX to MCO back in the 1990's. I went to the cockpit to ask for the jumpseat and I was like "WAAAAAAAOOOOOO! This thing is a space ship!"

Meanwhile I was still a 727 flight engineer, so even a CRJ was like a space ship to me.

It's awesome to watch long term members get a chance to fly their dream jet.

It's super cool to look back at old posts during the decades and see the progression.

Dude, you were a quiet, nerdy kid from rural Alaska and now you're a badass world-travelin' 777 pilot. Makes all the moronic BS I have to deal with from some users absolutely worth it.

It's super cool to look back at old posts during the decades and see the progression.

Dude, you were a quiet, nerdy kid from rural Alaska and now you're a badass world-travelin' 777 pilot. Makes all the moronic BS I have to deal with from some users absolutely worth it.
That's me for sure!

The trip I have seen long term members take is awesome. @Screaming_Emu brought me here, and he helped get me this job. I remember sitting in the crashpad talking with @tcco94 . It's been a great journey and couldn't ask for a better group to go through it with.

Dude, I remember baby @ASpilot2be getting Chick-Fil-A with me in SMF way back in 2011, when he was getting his commercial multi! ...now I feel old and need a drink

Dude, I remember baby @ASpilot2be getting Chick-Fil-A with me in SMF way back in 2011, when he was getting his commercial multi! ...now I feel old and need a drink
Haha. I still remember that to this day. One of those iconic moments in the building of this career.

I remember you always being a great mentor during the transition to Captain at Horizon. Always there to answers questions. You've always been a great mentor.

Back