EWR Port Authority SIDA access badge change

uniden

My physician is treating me for a "Gender Identity Dysphoria" condition.

As such, I have been (for some time now) a transitioning transgender...male to female.

Please don't laugh, I'm quite serious.

I've already had the gender marker on my driver's license, passport, and pilot certificate changed...the procedure was simple to look up online...however, the Port Authority of NY/NJ is somewhat more secretive with this information.

So I ask: does anyone know the requirements and procedure for changing the gender marker on my Port Authority ID? My other federal documents only needed a letter from my doctor.

My home base is EWR, and I'd rather not directly approach the badging office staff with this question.

Thank you very much.

Uniden

If they're anything like the Port Authority I'm near, they simply don't have a procedure as it probably hasn't come up. You may want to get someone to help you craft a New Jersey Open Public Records Act (NJ's version of FOIA) that asks "What is NJ's procedure to swap genders on Port Authority IDs?"

You should contact a local attorney. He or she may have the information you need or can refer you to someone who practices in that area of law (it is unlikely you are the first person with this issue) If all else fails, by having an attorney make the inquiries for you, you can maintain your anonymity for the time being. (Sorry for the long delay in responding. My daughter got married last week (500 miles away) and I have been in court most of this week).

Back