Comments/Suggestions

I thought everything went fantastic personally!

Some personal observations and opinions-

9FI - Sat Night
The night before the main event gave enough time to break the ice. It was a bit pricey for alkeyhall for people on a tight budget due to flight training, like me. Still, well worth it.

Airline Recruiting
This was awesome! My only regret is that I did not get up the nerve to talk to any recruiters until it was almost over. I kept thinking, "What would an airline recruiter want with a 170 hour wonder". In the end, I got some fantatsic direction from the ladies at Eagle.
Maybe in the future they can have a time for everyone with the mins to interview go, and then have almost a Roundtable Q&A with the folks not yet at mins.

Main Event
The main event was perfect in every way.
Vegas is so expensive to drink anything with alcohol in it when not gambling, so a night when it is all paid for by one fee (And Dougs' gracious wallet I am sure), is a good thing! Most had at least met the night before, so now it was a great night to truly have a party and enjoy! The hallway is also quiet so you can argue with your wife when she wants to leave before you ("But baby, it is all you can drink, and I have not drank it all yet!") :buck:

MGM Tour
Phenomenal! Nothing needs to be said here. Could never have done it better. Even with a hangover, I had a great time! I still cannot believe they have all those planes for the MGM, and then the Venetian alone has a 747SP and 767. Unreal.

Monday Night Karaoke
Well Dale had mentioned to try and get over to the Isles early at the roundtable, so Pacman and I toted the wives over around 7:15, but most did not come until almost 9! That was our fault I guess. Without anyone there, it was quite dull. However, once everyone showed up and took over, it was awesome!

Allegiant Tour
Because we stayed up so late, and the tour was so early, AND we would not be getting home to TX until 0100 Tue, I had to skip this:(

Hotel -
Staying at the Excalibur gave us a cheap answer. However, the Monte Carlo actually came down to within $30 of the Excalibur price at the end of last week and I missed it:( I had a great time hanging out with Pacman and his wife. Our roommates, Wolverine(Travissimo) and Babyface(Hehe OldtownPilot) were great peeps too! Next year though, I think we will stay with the majority of the crowd. We will also rent a car. For the money we paid in Cabs, Monorail, and wanting to see the dam, it would have been worth it. Maybe we will rent a minivan and try to get a group to go on the canyon/dam tour with us!

So all in all, it was a great success IMO. Hell or high water, we will be back next year!

I feel bad for making suggestions since it was a great weekend....

--I know ya'll are working on more recruiters for next year, but I would like to see an Expressjet recruiter along with Ameriflight. FlyChicaga was representin' the Expressjet peeps, but not quite the same as talkin' to folks that grant interviews (sorry Matt). Ameriflight would be a good compliment to Airnet since they do the same type of flying with different equipment/locations. It's important to try and capture recruiters from the airlines mostly talked about on the forum boards.

--The ice breaker was awesome....it definitely needs to be a keeper.

Monday Night Karaoke
Well Dale had mentioned to try and get over to the Isles early at the roundtable, so Pacman and I toted the wives over around 7:15, but most did not come until almost 9! That was our fault I guess. Without anyone there, it was quite dull. However, once everyone showed up and took over, it was awesome!

Well, sorry about that one . . . we didn't actually break up the second session until 1930, then homeboy needed a shower and food, and then getting the valet at that time, well let me tell ya'. I think we have the solution for that one already in the works however.:)

Well, sorry about that one . . . we didn't actually break up the second session until 1930, then homeboy needed a shower and food, and then getting the valet at that time, well let me tell ya'. I think we have the solution for that one already in the works however.:)

Yea when Dale says food, he means the $ 14.00 Subway sandwich I ate with him. :drool:

Ahh no worries sir. I actually managed to make $3 last an hour on video poker! hehe.

more women.

I suppose those of us who are uh, unattached could head on down and find ourselves some and bring them back up to the suite.

Hey, Dough, you mind if we use your leequor to get a little tail?:bandit:

I suppose those of us who are uh, unattached could head on down and find ourselves some and bring them back up to the suite.

Well you certainly did a good job with Maxie! He was so out of it, he would have gone home with a girl:yup:

Waang! You didn't say Waang! :D:rawk:

Or at least a little hand propping! :rolleyes:

hey wait.. didn't you try that this year? ;)

I could have. I should have brought a couple of the women from Caramel upstairs!

The thought did cross my mind but then I was like, uh, I wonder if Dough would mind.

"Well, we've got liquor and food upstairs, you wanna come on up?" may be a quotable quote for 2008 if you say it's okay.

I could have. I should have brought a couple of the women from Caramel upstairs!

The thought did cross my mind but then I was like, uh, I wonder if Dough would mind.

"Well, we've got liquor and food upstairs, you wanna come on up?" may be a quotable quote for 2008 if you say it's okay.

It'll cost you $200 for the evening!:D:p

Back