Boeing Dispatcher

Not much about Boeing's dispatch seems to be known on the outside. The only thing I know is that their corporate flight department is based in GYY, and that's where the schedulers/dispatchers work as well.

I would love to know more about this position if anyone has any insight.
Used to work there.

So there's boeing dispatch and then there's jeppesen. I didnt see the posting but if it is englewood, it is jeppesen. Jeppesen is an operation of about 40 dispatchers when i left, divided into 3 departments depending which customers you'll be working.

The EFO/commercial side dispatches for boeing executive flight operations and a few foreign airlines. There are also 2 divisions dedicated to various military units. Both do some very interesting stuff. All 3 do intl/etops. I do think this posting is specifically for efo/commercial.

As for where you live, it really depends. Occasionally an efo position is specifically gyy, with the expectation that you work at their occ with some virtual days. A couple are in london, a majority of jepps is in DEN and since covid, theyve fanned out as they havent had to work in the den office since 2020. So people are in sea/msp/florida/wherever.

Pay is as someone put it, its better than a regional, worse than a major. About on par with spirit but non union so the best get bigger raises theoretically. Massive override for overnights so those go very senior. Mil desks do 4 on 3 off. Efo/com is.. i think 5 on 4 off 3 on 2 off.

If you have to be based in GYY sounds dangerous, if you have to be within colorado/DEN, then that's a plus

If you have to be based in GYY sounds dangerous, if you have to be within colorado/DEN, then that's a plus
I think you just has to be somewhere boeing has a tax presence and within 1 hr from a boeing facility.. unless it says gyy. Then many who do that live elsewhere and just drive in.

Last edited:
Although I'm originally from Central Indiana, I know the Chicago area and NW Indiana pretty well. If one did have to work in GYY, there are plenty of other safe suburbs to live in (Chesterton, Crown Point, Merrillville). I know of a few United mainline dispatchers who live in Indiana. It wouldn't be too bad.

Zero flight benefits. Wahh-waaah..... No CASS. No non-reving. No first class to Barcelona or Rome. You "might" get to fly on one of the military airlift subcontractors. Its a major pain. And you will never earn "airline money".

Zero flight benefits. Wahh-waaah..... No CASS. No non-reving. No first class to Barcelona or Rome. You "might" get to fly on one of the military airlift subcontractors. Its a major pain. And you will never earn "airline money".
From a person working 121 for the last 6 years, I'm willing to give that up, sounds like a number are. It is a loss though for sure.

I know this was discussed prior with the old posting but is the information about the same for this? Any idea how many looking to hire? Do they give you option on what area you want to work (mil, charter etc) or is it just assigned? Thanks for the info

I know this was discussed prior with the old posting but is the information about the same for this? Any idea how many looking to hire? Do they give you option on what area you want to work (mil, charter etc) or is it just assigned? Thanks for the info

No idea how many they want to hire, usually it's not more than 1-3 people. For the most part you are assigned a desk. I went there thinking I would be working one area and totally got a different one when i walked in the door. Then was able to switch to a third, more interesting area after about 18 months.

No idea how many they want to hire, usually it's not more than 1-3 people. For the most part you are assigned a desk. I went there thinking I would be working one area and totally got a different one when i walked in the door. Then was able to switch to a third, more interesting area after about 18 months.
Interesting.. What did you start on and then move to? Does it seem like there are opportunities to move over to the Boeing side eventually or it is just soley Jeppesen side. Whats your day to day like if you dont mind sharing? Do you do a lot of international? Appriciate your time!

Interesting.. What did you start on and then move to? Does it seem like there are opportunities to move over to the Boeing side eventually or it is just soley Jeppesen side. Whats your day to day like if you dont mind sharing? Do you do a lot of international? Appriciate your time!
i'll PM ya

i'll PM ya
Can you please PM me the same message that you sent @JoeClark? I have similar questions. Also, would you happen to know how many they are hiring for this one? I'm intrigued by the virtual aspect and the fact that you mentioned that you could be involved in ETOPS flights. Salary, considering the flexibility that remote work brings, is not bad. How is initial and recurrent done, and how do you fulfill the FAM ride requirement if applicable?

I did. Interviews are from last week until today or tomorrow. Offers going out at the end of this week, beginning of next for an early-mid February start date.
What kind of communication did you get? I'm assuming the timeline info you mentioned was included in their response to you, or how did you get that information otherwise?

Back