250 hours in Africa? botswana..maun?

What is his requirements? is an instrument rating required or just the commercial? how many hours does he require? Im game.

Most entry level jobs don`t have time requirements, you need luck and perseverance...or maybe just jump on a plane and show up there. I was flying in a place with entry level bush pilot jobs, other then for the twin positions never saw anybody caring about TT, there is nothing you can`t learn even with just a CPL, it`s not rocket science, some do it better and some suck.

I have applied for a C206 job in Afrcia, and have several hundred hours on type flying out of 1200-1500 feet dirt strips, they didn`t seem to care that much, they were surpised I wanted to work for peanuts.

In many places an IFR ticket is not required, most countries allow you to do a lot more with a CPL without IR rating then the FAA. The place I flew, CAA would not even put it on the converted license if you were buzzing around in a single engine, allowed to do VFR day only. I met some bush pilots that didn`t had it, even a guy with 18K hours. I dunno how most companies fly, but I use to do a lot of MVFR, and I`m glad I had an IFR rating, especially BAI training...

Ok, so if I did make an attempt to show up in africa with a commercial and 250-300 hours it could actually be doable to be hired on by an operator? What companies offer the entry level jobs?

Ok, so if I did make an attempt to show up in africa with a commercial and 250-300 hours it could actually be doable to be hired on by an operator? What companies offer the entry level jobs?

yes, but you need also the right timing, I think now it`s still a bit early, maybe Jan-Feb is a better time, that`s when usually companies hire the most, they do hire year long too but not as frequent. You could aim pretty much for any company operating a C206/C210, in countries like Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Tanzania, Malawi and Uganada. If you speak French there are several more, including Madagascar.

If you are less then 30 years old, there is an other route to bush pilot, you can go to Australia with a one year tourist/working visa get a CPL VFR conversion and apply for one of the many bush pilot jobs they have in the Northern Territory and in the Bush, I have seen a ton posted for this season that just started...this will require a bit more money...

If you are less then 30 years old, there is an other route to bush pilot, you can go to Australia with a one year tourist/working visa get a CPL VFR conversion and apply for one of the many bush pilot jobs they have in the Northern Territory and in the Bush, I have seen a ton posted for this season that just started...this will require a bit more money...

What sites do you find these listings on?

What sites do you find these listings on?

From the actual company site: http://www.aaacharter.com.au/employment there are 4 more companies that had ads for positions, and do take foreigns, on pprune there are several pilots from Europe flying over there..

Many Australians prefer to go to PNG, Indo or the South Pacific...

Last june the domestic branch of Air Pacific (Fiji) was looking for Twin otter FOs with basically no mins other then CPL, Medical and ATP written...

Does the FAA and usa companies still recognize flight time in the logbook in foreign countries or is flight time flight time?

Does the FAA and usa companies still recognize flight time in the logbook in foreign countries or is flight time flight time?

Fligth time is Flight time, as long as you are legal to log it in the country you are flying in it counts. Some type of time may not be recognized when you go for a license validation or an ATP, but you should not have a problem with TT. I don`t even keep a separate logbook and I have flight time on it from 4 different authorities. Filled couple 8710s so far with foreign time in it, I don`t even think they care to know where I have flown them.

If you are less then 30 years old you can apply for an Australian holiday/work visa

Fligth time is Flight time, as long as you are legal to log it in the country you are flying in it counts. Some type of time may not be recognized when you go for a license validation or an ATP, but you should not have a problem with TT. I don`t even keep a separate logbook and I have flight time on it from 4 different authorities. Filled couple 8710s so far with foreign time in it, I don`t even think they care to know where I have flown them.

If you are less then 30 years old you can apply for an Australian holiday/work visa

Any way to get in if you are older than 30?

Any way to get in if you are older than 30?

Unless you get a job offer that will provide you a Visa close to impossible. Australia and NZ have very relaxed immigration laws for young skilled individuals, both of them have what is called a Tourist Working Visa, it`s Valid for about a year and in most cases you do any job there is out there until somebody finds out about you and the skills you have and helps you stay permanent. There are not many pilot jobs in NZ but in AU there are several openings in less then appealling places. Max age to apply for the Visa is 30...and as far as I know none of the companies hire pilots without a permit and a CASA license already.

In the Pacific I met lots of peoples that went to AU like this and all of them managed to get their permanent residency.

Hi guys! Does anyone know if there are currently any jobs available in Namibia or Botswana? I have my 250 hours and my multiengine rating and am contemplating the big move but would REALLY appreciate any word from someone there or in the know. Is it of course just a case of move there and wait still? Thank you! :)

Hi guys! Does anyone know if there are currently any jobs available in Namibia or Botswana? I have my 250 hours and my multiengine rating and am contemplating the big move but would REALLY appreciate any word from someone there or in the know. Is it of course just a case of move there and wait still? Thank you! :)

Pretty sure the hiring season is over for this year

The thread on pprune would have the latest details http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/433420-maun-botswana-essential-guide-42.html

Back