Shocking news, Dan Gryder is a POS

I’d be like, please make sure you spell my last name correctly when you reach out to HR. Most people think it’s with an E and it’s really an O. I’d hate for there to be any confusion.

Which makes me wonder why that Spirit pilot capitulated to this bonehead Gryder?

I definitely wouldn't have gone on the show. I'd just call my rep, or have a talk with my chief pilot. To make them aware and totally deflate Gryder's weak threats.

When Comair went after me, I consulted a private attorney, he looked at the evidentiary material, asked "how many commas do you want?" contacted them, it went to my employer and said "We need guns! We need lawyers!" who answered with "Aww naw, you got yourself into this mess", terminated the employment of the person-in-question and Comair wrote an apology letter.

I should have pressed it. I might have owned a flight school! :)

I tell people all the time if you threaten to sue anyone via email, voice, forum, etc, you're not serious.

"My attorney will be calling!!one1!" is generally interpreted as "well, once I find an attorney that will take the case, IF ANY WILL IN THE FIRST PLACE, and then if I'm able to pay the legal retainer AND if the firm finds anything actionable, you'll get certified mail, eventually, with either a cease-and-desist or a demand letter, which you may or may not have to comply with because it might not be a legal 'ask'"

Call their bluff if you're bored. If you're not bored, until anything official is served, laugh and ignore.

When Comair went after me, I consulted a private attorney, he looked at the evidentiary material, asked "how many commas do you want?" contacted them, it went to my employer and said "We need guns! We need lawyers!" who answered with "Aww naw, you got yourself into this mess", terminated the employment of the person-in-question and Comair wrote an apology letter.

I should have pressed it. I might have owned a flight school! :)

I tell people all the time if you threaten to sue anyone via email, voice, forum, etc, you're not serious.

"My attorney will be calling!!one1!" is generally interpreted as "well, once I find an attorney that will take the case, IF ANY WILL IN THE FIRST PLACE, and then if I'm able to pay the legal retainer AND if the firm finds anything actionable, you'll get certified mail, eventually, with either a cease-and-desist or a demand letter, which you may or may not have to comply with because it might not be a legal 'ask'"

Call their bluff if you're bored. If you're not bored, until anything official is served, laugh and ignore.

It’s ridiculous and sad that it even had to go that far. Screw anyone with a pinecone if they get offended about something on the interwebz and then try to get a pilot fired.

But what if it’s a fourth generation Arizonan? :)

That means they should know better! Ha!

My cousin is married to an attorney. I imagine she'd slap the sh-- out of him if he dared use the "mah wayf's a LAWYER! Yower gettin' SOO'D!" threat.

I actually tried to walk the "fourth generation arizonan" on how to legally serve me a demand letter but he wouldn't follow the instructions.

It’s ridiculous and sad that it even had to go that far. Screw anyone with a pinecone if they get offended about something on the interwebz and then try to get a pilot fired.

I really don't care. Comair was losing business because I laughed at the "Being owned by 'southernjets' means everything" and he took a swing at me, missed and didn't understand that I'm Mr. drum circles and 'koombayah' but if you aim a weapon at my head, it better be loaded and you'd better be prepared to pull the trigger because I will bring the pain. If you take a swing at someone professionally, you'd better not miss.

And he missed.

Then didn't take the 'easy out' by apologizing and chose to double-down. So everyone, including his emplolyers, washed their hands of him.

But what if it’s a fourth generation Arizonan? :)

That means they should know better! Ha!

My cousin is married to an attorney. I imagine she'd slap the sh-- out of him if he dared use the "mah wayf's a LAWYER! Yower gettin' SOO'D!" threat.

I actually tried to walk the "fourth generation arizonan" on how to legally serve me a demand letter but he wouldn't follow the instructions.
I actually think he was a third generation Arizonan, lol. But still!

Back