Skywest opening…

This cannot be said loud enough, This is a VERY small world, and I guarantee that there is someone who knows someone who knows you. Never burn a bridge, ever.

There's a lot of truth to this. A coworker of mine name dropped someone they trained years ago that was less than stellar in a few ways (to keep it nice). This person had a somewhat unique name and I instantly recognized this person's name (and subsequent PTSD from working with them) as someone who I worked with at my last shop. (me being a duty manager for the regional and them being the mainline point of contact). You'd think being a decent human and at least halfway competent at your job would be easy enough. However, for some that seems to be relatively difficult. Long story short. Don't be an @$$.

Managed to snag an interview next week. I’ve been reading through the forums and understand that the interview is both technical and HR. The technical part is basic dispatch stuff (1-2-3 rule, METARs, TAFs, IAPs etc) with some DRM and derived alternate mins thrown in there as well. Any other gouge I’m missing?

Well, I got the TBNT Email.
Having been rejected from a Regional after a few months under my belt already at a Regional doesn't really make me feel positive to get into a Major when the time comes of one of them hiring.

Having been rejected from a Regional after a few months under my belt already at a Regional doesn't really make me feel positive to get into a Major when the time comes of one of them hiring.
Out of curiosity, when was your interview?

May want to get help with resume writing. Made all the difference in the world for my career when I finally got a book that taught me how to write it AND how to prep for an interview. Best $15 investment outside of the investment in my certificate.

I honestly wouldn't take that too much to heart.

couple of things:
with the slowdown this year...there's probably more competition.
and if you didn't do well on the test...that could be it...it could also be that they went by order of application submission...and yours was just behind a lot of others.

Keep your chin up.

do good work.

keep going to work every day of irregular ops knowing that eventually those days will come to an end. and keep doing your best.

you'll get to where you want to be soon enough. for right now, enjoy the journey.

Back