Oh JetBlue XII - pins gone wild

This BS needs to stop. Your work is your WORK. It is NOT a place to barf your personal political beliefs onto *paying* customers.

84288973-13368565-image-m-38_1714509562644.jpg

84288723-13368565-image-m-37_1714509529382.jpg

I find photographing a stranger while they anre working and then sharing with the Daily Mail more offensive than someone’s pin. But that’s me.

Kinda depends on when she took pictures, if it was after she started making accusations, or similar, it's fair game.
And depending on your reasoning, the FA decided to but her "beliefs" out there as advertised, so that too opens up reasonable observation and retort. IMO

This BS needs to stop. Your work is your WORK. It is NOT a place to barf your personal political beliefs onto *paying* customers.

84288973-13368565-image-m-38_1714509562644.jpg

84288723-13368565-image-m-37_1714509529382.jpg

How do you find these stories so quickly without social media?

Boy, I can't think of too many things I could care less about than the pieces of flair an FA wears, whether I am a full-fare passenger or not...

I also would probably never notice these things. Half the time, at the hotel lobby, I think our gals and guys (and they's) are AA or some other airline because they have so many random costumes and scarves they can wear. And then we get into the same van and I say sorry

To be fair, a lot of us (or maybe it is just me) are on these weird Facebook groups that repost stuff from mainline social media all the time. FB is now like being on forums is. I can't even find my next day's students on FB anymore, and 4 years ago, it was a 90% success rate. Weird times.

Boy, I can't think of too many things I could care less about than the pieces of flair an FA wears, whether I am a full-fare passenger or not...

Let’s put it this way. You see a FA with a Nazi pin. You gonna speak up?

At some point, you’d say hey man - that’s just messed up to be wearing at work. Or anywhere for that matter if it’s a Nazi pin. But to each their own, do what you want inside your own home.

But at work? Leave your political and social baggage at home!

What about the so called "Freedom Fliers". They indicate membership in this antivax group with a pair of cheesy American flag colored wings that FAs (and some pilots) wear beneath their actual wings or as a tie tac. Is that professional?

I'm inclined to agree with Cherokee here, though I fear he might not be as open to such restrictions on pins he supports (hopefully I'm wrong).

To make a right-wing comparison, many Members of Congress/state legislators are wearing AR-15 pins to show their support of gun rights. Now such organizations are different because they're not private employers, but the same litmus test applies - would wearing such a pin cause legitimate distress to those I interact with? Just as a Jewish individual might feel threatened by seeing someone wearing the Palestinian flag on a pin, it's reasonable to think that a person who lost a family member to gun violence might feel the same. Honestly, seeing this pin in light of the officers who were gun downed down the road from me this week by this very weapon in Charlotte agitates me just posting this.

1714649275005.png

JetBlue is in the customer satisfaction business. While some pax might feel "heard" seeing such a pin, others might feel distressed. Not wearing such a pin would cause neither, and restore the status quo - a pax that doesn't think about it at all who can be pleased/displeased by the service onboard.

Good point. We shouldn’t be in the business of political messaging - we need money from people of all political, religious, national, philosophical persuasions. The only one I might be inclined to give a pass to would be a pronoun pin for someone who it is not immediately apparent which gender they prefer to be identified with. Not to be provocative, but rather because I wouldn’t want to offend someone by misgendering them.

To be fair, a lot of us (or maybe it is just me) are on these weird Facebook groups that repost stuff from mainline social media all the time. FB is now like being on forums is. I can't even find my next day's students on FB anymore, and 4 years ago, it was a 90% success rate. Weird times.
I finally ditched mine. When my feed became 90% random people who aren't famous who I don't know, "LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU DRANK OUT OF THE GARDEN HOSE AND SURVIVED" type posts, and AI generated pictures of trees that looked vaguely like Jesus I decided I'd had enough.

Back