Military RW seat back pain survey

My first few hours in the Huey were definitely some of the most painful. The seats in the TH-1 were a bit more comfortable but the added padding made them really hot.

My first few hours in the Huey were definitely some of the most painful. The seats in the TH-1 were a bit more comfortable but the added padding made them really hot.

Yeah, UH-1H seats were definitely not made for comfort.

Yeah, UH-1H seats were definitely not made for comfort.

I once heard someone say "they were designed for sitting at the the position of attention". It always struck me as a fairly accurate way to describe an aircraft without a single comfortable seat.

I once heard someone say "they were designed for sitting at the the position of attention". It always struck me as a fairly accurate way to describe an aircraft without a single comfortable seat.

That's probably the best I've heard it described yet. The only good thing about the UH-1H seat is the fold-flat feature allowing the pilot to get pulled into the cargo area if hit...that is of course if you don't kill the poor bastard trying to pull you out when the 200lb seat plus you slams down flat.

I took this survey a few weeks go. It'll be interesting what the results are. My guess is a 100% of pilots with ten plus years in have some sort of backpain.

My back has me considering becoming an UAV warrant.

Back