Cheapest Way to get to Vegas?

popaviator

Trying to come up with the cheapest way to get to vegas this year for NJC 09. I'm amped about the hotel room rates...but then theres the issue of transportation. Im thinking about driving but I doubt my car will make it there. Needless to say the salary of a CFI isn't exactly the greatest...so any ideas? You're probably going to think "eh stop being lazy and get ur but on expedia and do some research" :D

Trying to come up with the cheapest way to get to vegas this year for NJC 09. I'm amped about the hotel room rates...but then theres the issue of transportation. Im thinking about driving but I doubt my car will make it there. Needless to say the salary of a CFI isn't exactly the greatest...so any ideas? You're probably going to think "eh stop being lazy and get ur but on expedia and do some research" :D

Probably the absolute cheapest way would be to hitchhike. But not very practical. :)

Just buy a ticket dude. You're not going to want to have anything to do with getting yourself home after you turn 21 in Vegas.

Just buy a ticket dude. You're not going to want to have anything to do with getting yourself home after you turn 21 in Vegas.

Yep....:insane:....I'm just going to go ahead a buy the tickets. Last year was awesome...you ready for this year jake?:beer:

Not sure it would be cheaper but I would consider flying if you want to split the fuel? 3 guys wouldn't be too bad and it would be fun! I have a Cherokee 180. JOE

Not sure it would be cheaper but I would consider flying if you want to split the fuel? 3 guys wouldn't be too bad and it would be fun! I have a Cherokee 180. JOE

Yea that would be cool, where abouts do you live. I'm in the DFW area:bandit:

Pensacola, FL. DFW is kinda on the way.... Be cool if we could get one more... JOE

520+/- miles to DFW
940+/- to Vegas from DFW. Plane burns 10gph and I flight plan at 120knots so figure round trip for me +/-3000 miles /120 = 25 hours or 250 gallons.... Current fuel is 3.60 here... $900 split 3 ways would be $300 a piece. Like I said, not sure it would be cheaper but we could all log some time!!

Pensacola, FL. DFW is kinda on the way.... Be cool if we could get one more... JOE

520+/- miles to DFW
940+/- to Vegas from DFW. Plane burns 10gph and I flight plan at 120knots so figure round trip for me +/-3000 miles /120 = 25 hours or 250 gallons.... Current fuel is 3.60 here... $900 split 3 ways would be $300 a piece. Like I said, not sure it would be cheaper but we could all log some time!!

I'm not sure Popaviator's 8 hours will be up by the time he needs to fly back. :)

Back