Active N Fit changing it up, not good.

JDean3204

In an email today, A&F has made it be known that they will no longer allow multiple gyms in the flat rate plan. You now have a choice of one gym, then the rest are at a 5% discount local rates. For a line pilot that has used this perk for years now, I’m really bummed. I’ve been able to find a decent gym and it was covered at the majority of my layovers, allowing me to get a better workout and focusing on fitness. Guess I’ll have to choose between that crappy treadmill or bike and figure out how to get a work out in the hotels again. What a bummer, but lines up with current society. Prices go up, services go down and you’ll shut up and like it because it’s the way it is now.

In an email today, A&F has made it be known that they will no longer allow multiple gyms in the flat rate plan. You now have a choice of one gym, then the rest are at a 5% discount local rates. For a line pilot that has used this perk for years now, I’m really bummed. I’ve been able to find a decent gym and it was covered at the majority of my layovers, allowing me to get a better workout and focusing on fitness. Guess I’ll have to choose between that crappy treadmill or bike and figure out how to get a work out in the hotels again. What a bummer, but lines up with current society. Prices go up, services go down and you’ll shut up and like it because it’s the way it is now.

No doubt.

The concept feels like the now defunct "MoviePass" -- starts out as a great value but in the end, the techbros realize they need to make a profit because no one bought-out their business.

I got my A&F membership going about 3 months ago. At the time, I had a question about how this worked, because the way their website is set up, it says that you pay PER GYM. Which made sense to me, and I was surprised to learn that it was, indeed, a flat rate for *multiple* gyms. That seemed too good to be true, to me, so one of the things that has been on my to-do list was to add a couple more gyms once I had a line and was flying more.

Guess I won't have to do that now.

@JDean3204 - when did you get that email? I haven't seen it yet.

I have a membership at Vasa, not A&F, like the two other big gyms here Planet Fitness and Eos. It's $9.99 a month for one gym. $20 for all gyms in the city. Are there any gyms with terms like that around any parts that you guys live?

I got my A&F membership going about 3 months ago. At the time, I had a question about how this worked, because the way their website is set up, it says that you pay PER GYM. Which made sense to me, and I was surprised to learn that it was, indeed, a flat rate for *multiple* gyms. That seemed too good to be true, to me, so one of the things that has been on my to-do list was to add a couple more gyms once I had a line and was flying more.

Guess I won't have to do that now.

@JDean3204 - when did you get that email? I haven't seen it yet.

I got the email in my company inbox yesterday morning. I use my airlines email as the enrollment email so that’s where they send updates.

It was a too good to be true perk tbh, there was even a handful of local gyms that participated, those gyms offered all sorts of classes. Now, I’ll just keep enrolled in the 24hr fitness gym and hopefully that will still allow access to any of the 24hr fitnesses.

I came to post about this because I hadn’t seen anything about it on here until now. It does suck, I’m usually an outdoor runner when on the road but having access to most gyms helps when you’re staying somewhere with limited sidewalks, weather, etc.

I’ve never been a big “I’m gonna cancel because xyz” person but it might be cheaper to just cancel it depending on what gym you have for your main membership.

I have a membership at Vasa, not A&F, like the two other big gyms here Planet Fitness and Eos. It's $9.99 a month for one gym. $20 for all gyms in the city. Are there any gyms with terms like that around any parts that you guys live?
That’s a pretty good deal. When we were living up north I’d go to La Fitness a lot with my A&F membership. It was a steal compared to what La Fitness was charging.

RidgeFit and several other comparable products have all developed some good resistance band travel sets usually working off some sort of platform or rigid bar.

You’d be surprised just how much pairing that and a decent hotel treadmill/bike/elliptical can accomplish. It won’t replace mass building with something like heavy lifting but you can get a lot out of it for a relatively light compact travel requirement, especially if that gym has dumbbells or a cable machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RidgeFit and several other comparable products have all developed some good resistance band travel sets usually working off some sort of platform or rigid bar.

You’d be surprised just how much pairing that and a decent hotel treadmill/bike/elliptical can accomplish. It won’t replace mass building with something like heavy lifting but you can get a lot out of it for a relatively light compact travel requirement, especially if that gym has dumbbells or a cable machine.

Any personal experience with the Redgefit stuff? Looks enticing, but alot of the reviews complain of snapped bands almost immediately.

Any personal experience with the Redgefit stuff? Looks enticing, but alot of the reviews complain of snapped bands almost immediately.

It’s not terrible. We had them in an austere site that somebody left behind. I think a lot of people don’t take the time to adjust to elastic bands as their primary, and go at it outside the range it’s designed to perform in. There is a specific range of stretch your aiming for on the band, so it’s not simply 25 lbs band = 25 lbs standing curl etc.

I cobbled something together out of their stuff and some other components we could split amongst checked bags with my team when we were doing the traveling roadshow. We also had one guys just eating a 15 lbs smash ball which opens up a lot of isometrics.

It’s not terrible. We had them in an austere site that somebody left behind. I think a lot of people don’t take the time to adjust to elastic bands as their primary, and go at it outside the range it’s designed to perform in. There is a specific range of stretch your aiming for on the band, so it’s not simply 25 lbs band = 25 lbs standing curl etc.

I cobbled something together out of their stuff and some other components we could split amongst checked bags with my team when we were doing the traveling roadshow. We also had one guys just eating a 15 lbs smash ball which opens up a lot of isometrics.

Sounds like the familiar GP medium gyms down range…ill try it out.

It was a good deal while it lasted. They should just shut it down because it’s just laughably moronic now.

You can literally save 5% by basic used car dealer negotiating tactics.

It was a good deal while it lasted. They should just shut it down because it’s just laughably moronic now.

You can literally save 5% by basic used car dealer negotiating tactics.

"Okay, Doug. You win. No games here. What do I have to do to get you into this gym today?"

Back