Thanks Doug!!!!

Ian_J

Hubschrauber Flieger
Hey man.... we appreciate it! Hopefully folks from other helo sites start migrating over now.

You da man Dough!

:nana2: :nana2: :nana2: :nana2: :nana2: :nana2:

ChinookDriver said:
Hey man.... we appreciate it! Hopefully folks from other helo sites start migrating over now.

You da man Dough!

woo hoo, bring in the whirly girls

ChinookDriver said:

You da man Dough!

HELO Forum is a go!!!! Thanks doug!!!

Now what do we talk about?????:nana2:

This is great that we have a helo section. Question. I heard a story once of a kid piloting a R-22, and when he was in a hover, the downwash from the rotors kicked dust/dirt back up into the engine, and as a result, the engine stalled and the helo went down. Does this stuff happen? I may be wrong, but that's what I thought I heard. Thought I would ask.

Hmm... sounds unlikely... unless it kicked a large something into the engine. Scotty is a better person to ask being the resident piston driver.

In a turbine the engine could quit if some large rock or something got into the engine and tore up all the blades... but we have covers over the engines, so again, unlikely.

Not likley the carb sits under the engine but has air ducts which pull air from the upperside of the engine compartment. If the engne did quit it could have been carb ice, which is far fetched due to the large amount of manifold pressure he would be pulling to hover. Most likley scenario is he got clouded in and lost ground reference. But the engine stalling was a good cover story.

And thanks Doug. Next time you have a little extra time in SLC I'll buy you a beer.

Back