Peachtree Road Race

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
So I've been running for almost 13 years now, but yesterday I had a chance to compete in my first ever race. I guess I've never been super competitive. The Peachtree Road Race 10K in Atlanta (largest 10k in the world). I know I'm fast, but I might be addicted to racing now!

Disregard the 19'27" mark for the last .2 miles. I forgot to stop my FitBit timer until well after I finished.

I checked the official results and it looks like I was 367th out of the entire field of almost 60,000 runners. Not too shabby!!

13615112_10103568237051312_3651108870628144355_n.jpg

Great job! Even with the heat, and the amount of other runners, you killed it! I only do spectator for that race. Too hot or sticky! Are you going to run in the 5K on the Fifth Runway at the end of August?

Don't stop! It is addictive and there are a ton of great races out there. :)

Thanks!! It was so much fun. I definitely don't plan to stop. :)

As of right now I'm registered for the PNC Atlanta 5k which is the same day as the 10 miler at Atlantic Station. Also registered for the Thanksgiving Day 5K. I'm a member of the Atlanta Track Club so I'm always browsing their website for more races!

Thanks!! It was so much fun. I definitely don't plan to stop. :)

As of right now I'm registered for the PNC Atlanta 5k which is the same day as the 10 miler at Atlantic Station. Also registered for the Thanksgiving Day 5K. I'm a member of the Atlanta Track Club so I'm always browsing their website for more races!

The Thanksgiving Half Marathon has a better course than the 5K...just in case you decide more miles would be fun! ;)

The Thanksgiving Half Marathon has a better course than the 5K...just in case you decide more miles would be fun! ;)
It was cold last year. At the start I believe it was in the 30s. This year I'll bring a coat and pants.

It was cold last year. At the start I believe it was in the 30s. This year I'll bring a coat and pants.

It is usually cold, which ends up being really nice...maybe not at the time, but I love it until after you cross the finish line. Good thing they are great about having the heat sheets with the medals! :) I love that race. :D

Yay! You will love it. The medal is usually pretty nice, but the Expo is what is the huge bonus, so make time for it. Publix = lots of free food. I think I still have some of the free Biscoff spread that they wouldn't stop handing me from a couple years ago. Probably expired because I can't eat a case of that stuff! Free stuff is nice, but free food is better! :D Plus, they have my favorite thing at the end of any race...chocolate milk!

Yay! You will love it. The medal is usually pretty nice, but the Expo is what is the huge bonus, so make time for it. Publix = lots of free food. I think I still have some of the free Biscoff spread that they wouldn't stop handing me from a couple years ago. Probably expired because I can't eat a case of that stuff! Free stuff is nice, but free food is better! :D Plus, they have my favorite thing at the end of any race...chocolate milk!

Free swag at the expo(s) is almost worth it by itself. You should have seen my bag from the Peachtree Expo. Overflowing is an understatement!:)

Back