Looking for those odd jobs

With my commercial behind me, and my nose in the books for my CFI, I'm looking for those odd Ferry-type jobs (heard of a guy transporting groceries to a lady in the Bahama's) to keep the joy of flying in front of me and provide a bit of spare income to help chip away at my training expenses.

I'd love to have those connections while I'm a CFI too because quite honestly the idea of doing circles in the vicinity of an airport (with only the occasional x/c...where I'm not even technically doing the flying) is not exactly the reason I took up flying.

I got offered some local very limited part time sightseeing with a local FBO. Although the schedule doesn't work it would be lovely to pick up about 10 hours a month. I am just grind stoning for CFI, and making due with what I have for employment right now.

With my commercial behind me, and my nose in the books for my CFI, I'm looking for those odd Ferry-type jobs (heard of a guy transporting groceries to a lady in the Bahama's) to keep the joy of flying in front of me and provide a bit of spare income to help chip away at my training expenses.

I'd love to have those connections while I'm a CFI too because quite honestly the idea of doing circles in the vicinity of an airport (with only the occasional x/c...where I'm not even technically doing the flying) is not exactly the reason I took up flying.
It may be helpful to provide your location.

@Daniel Comings - I'd recommend cold calling sky diving places, if you're open to that. The season is right around the corner so the sooner you get going the better luck you'll have.

If you're near enough the islands to deliver groceries in fun little airplanes, might I suggest the wonderful worlds of held-out 91 and/or 134 1/2?? ;)
Also, "groceries"... see Euphemism pp 183 Websters. ;)

Back