Layover food

Shang Artisan Noodle - Las Vegas, NV.

Holy • this was incredible. They're making the noodles by hand in front of you sit. I'd put the food here at top 3 Chinese restaurants that I've had in the US.

Pictured is Dan Dan Noodles, Spicy Pork Dumplings, Spicy Wontons, and Beef Noodle Soup. All of it was outstanding. The beef noodle soup seemed to be a favorite from the locals but dan dan noodles are my love language so I couldn't see them on a menu and not order them.

1000180326.jpg
1000180328.jpg
1000180330.jpg

Shang Artisan Noodle - Las Vegas, NV.

Holy • this was incredible. They're making the noodles by hand in front of you sit. I'd put the food here at top 3 Chinese restaurants that I've had in the US.

Pictured is Dan Dan Noodles, Spicy Pork Dumplings, Spicy Wontons, and Beef Noodle Soup. All of it was outstanding. The beef noodle soup seemed to be a favorite from the locals but dan dan noodles are my love language so I couldn't see them on a menu and not order them.

View attachment 77881View attachment 77882View attachment 77883

Been there! Amazing place!

IMG_1980.jpeg

Ichiran!

I know it’s the “McDonalds of Ramen” because they’re everywhere, but it was near the hotel and I was rolling solo (my favorite way to roll in Japan because everyone’s a picky eater it seems)

5BDF498B-845A-42D8-AFD8-0A34B4C9C80A.jpeg

Airport restaurant executive: “you know how sandwiches are popular because they’re easy to hold and eat? What if we sold a sandwich but made it not like that?”
Other airport restaurant executive: “first of all, promoted”

Yes dear reader, as best I can tell this is sandwichkabob on an extra long toothpick. Is this some regional variant of sandwich construction of which my sheltered self was previously unaware, or simply the product of a madman jumping the shark in the race to justify charging $18 for a sammich by making it unique?

And yes, I’m eating this abomination on my lap because guppy

View attachment 77900
Airport restaurant executive: “you know how sandwiches are popular because they’re easy to hold and eat? What if we sold a sandwich but made it not like that?”
Other airport restaurant executive: “first of all, promoted”

Yes dear reader, as best I can tell this is sandwichkabob on an extra long toothpick. Is this some regional variant of sandwich constructed of which my sheltered self was previously unaware, or simply the product of a madman jumping the shark in the race to justify charging $18 for a sammich by making it unique?
I swear the only real reason I ever dislike going to work is the impossibility of easily getting just decent food that isn't completely shameful.

Back