Is this 'reckless operation'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he did get the boot for that (don't know the details of how that came about).....but you must admit since you are parked there, (don't know how many years you've been up there) that you have seen exactly what I am describing and back in the day....it was the norm. You could ask ATC for permission for certain things and tell them your intent for others. I still see current and recent certain maneuvers happening from pickups on videos that I find on the net without consequences.
I don't go up to Paine that much but I've certainly seen the videos. I'll say the delivery flights I've seen out of BFI have all been pretty much standard except for maybe a steeper climb due to being light. The early level off and proximity to downtown probably has something to do with that.

I don't go up to Paine that much but I've certainly seen the videos. I'll say the delivery flights I've seen out of BFI have all been pretty much standard except for maybe a steeper climb due to being light. The early level off and proximity to downtown probably has something to do with that.
The maintain 2000' takes all the fun out of a light departure at BFI.

Fantastic, flying a seneca seems like chore to me low pass or not. But it may be fun to other people and if they aren't endangering anyone who cares?
I don't see anything fun about throwing on a firesuit and jumping in a top fuel dragster but people do it and it even puts spectators in danger.
I'm guessing you are against air shows, air races, or anything else outside of going to work and coming home to the suburbs.

Ever hear the expression, 'it is all fun and games until someone gets hurt'?

It may be borderline legal, but is it safe?

Dear_25281f_949094.jpg

Ok.

The Attorney was kind enough to answer my question so I thank him for that. Thank you.

I am now bowing out of this thread. Have fun with it.

Last edited:
Imho, the "you shouldn't do this because someone dumber than you might copy you and die" argument doesn't hold water. A person should not be held accountable for the copycat idiots behind him/her.
It's a different form of the "SAVE THE CHILDRENS!!" argument, which is also B.S.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't give anyone any ideas....

Ever hear the expression, 'it is all fun and games until someone gets hurt'?

It may be borderline legal, but is it safe?

The question of "is it safe" also depends. What level of risk are they willing to tolerate? Do they own the aircraft, and therefore have more latitude about damaging it or hurting themselves?

If I take care to not endanger anyone but myself and my property, and I'm willing to accept the risks of what one doing, then yes, what I'm doing is safe.

Safe is a relative concept, not absolute. For airlines it depends on the level of risk that the management is willing to accept, and that the FAA is willing to sign off on for that certificate holder.

For a private pilot, safe is the level of risk he's willing to accept, assuming he is taking the proper precautions to not endanger other's property or those around him.

It's not black and white...

Let me give you guys another polite hint about the nature of how I intend to run this topic.

If you have a legal question, we have an aviation attorney that offers, in a voluntary fashion, to answer the question.

If you have editorial comments, start a new thread in General Topics with reference to this thread so we can keep as on-topic as possible. Question followed by a legal opinion.

If you're NOT AN ATTORNEY, don't answer the question because, again, it's "Ask an Aviation Attorney" not "Hey Guys Give Me what you THINK would be the answer or at least one that is consistent with your preconceptions about the legal aspects of the issue".

I expect the same decorum, in this forum topic, that is afforded Dr. Forred in "Ask A Flight Surgeon".

This is not a suggestion or negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back