Bachelor's degree in aviation management/administration useless for working in an airline?

ktsai91

Hey guys, just curious, but is it true that a bachelor's degree in aviation management/administration is useless if you want to work in a corporate job at an airline? Would an employer at an airline usually hire a candidate who has a regular business degree over someone who has a degree in aviation management?

If they are useless for working in airline management, is it worth it trying to get an MBA or a second bachelors degree in business?

A degree checks a box, just don't expect a building manufacturing outfit to beat feet to your door if you leave aviation. None of the companies I have worked for cared what degree I had. They care THAT I have a degree.

If I were to do it over again my degree would be in engineering.

A degree checks a box, just don't expect a building manufacturing outfit to beat feet to your door if you leave aviation. None of the companies I have worked for cared what degree I had. They care THAT I have a degree.

If I were to do it over again my degree would be in engineering.

Engineering or math - that's why I'm going back this spring. Math is arguably one of the most versatile degrees you can have.

Have one of those "useless" AV management degrees. Spent 16 years at Boeing and the last 5 at GE Aviation in Program Management roles.

So much fun telling the engineers what to do and getting paid more than them :)

Back