The devil is coming for JetBlue

At my home field here, MZJ, JB now has the most number of aircraft stored, as it goes for airlines. About 40 or so E190s, maybe about 10 A320/321s. Are these only temporarily parked here?

At my home field here, MZJ, JB now has the most number of aircraft stored, as it goes for airlines. About 40 or so E190s, maybe about 10 A320/321s. Are these only temporarily parked here?

The 190's are being retired. The older 320's are also being retired. The 321's are likely NEO's that are waiting for engines.

30 of the 190's are going to Australia, the other 30 are being chopped up.

The 190's are being retired. The older 320's are also being retired. The 321's are likely NEO's that are waiting for engines.

30 of the 190's are going to Australia, the other 30 are being chopped up.

Oh ok, so some are going back into service at least, that’s good. Always sad seeing planes getting towed to the now-three (used to be two) scrapping areas on this airfield.

About 20 air miles to the northeast at P08, Spirit Airbus models are stacking up, after that airfield opened as a storage facility about a year and change ago. Sad.

Oh ok, so some are going back into service at least, that’s good. Always sad seeing planes getting towed to the now-three (used to be two) scrapping areas on this airfield.

About 20 air miles to the northeast at P08, Spirit Airbus models are stacking up, after that airfield opened as a storage facility about a year and change ago. Sad.

Off the top of my head, Spirit has a quarter of their fleet down at some point this year for engine swaps. They've been hit hard by the P&W geared turbofan engine problems. It's why they're furloughing later this year.

Off the top of my head, Spirit has a quarter of their fleet down at some point this year for engine swaps. They've been hit hard by the P&W geared turbofan engine problems. It's why they're furloughing later this year.

To JetBlue’s credit, for stored aircraft, their planes here look nearly brand new, if I didn’t know when they were built. Seemingly in pretty nice condition. Especially compared to many of the planes that end up here that are truly at the end of their service lives.

My family moved to the northern suburbs of Kansas City in 1989 and while we weren’t associated with TWA almost everyone in that side of town back then either worked for them or was neighbors/related to someone who did.

This man is absolute evil, hopefully you all can fend him off or fare better than our late red brethren.

LOL.

You didn't notice that -for all its current "populist" blather- 'Murica is STILL owned by Billionaires?

When we crawled out of the trees and started growing food, we created Agriculture. With Agriculture came Economy (division of labor), Law/Politics (rules), Hierarchy (HR to separate management from labor), Culture (to make us "believe" in and normalize ourselves to the new order), Society (to allow us "entertainment" when we weren't slaving away in the fields), and ultimately Religion (to put the fear of God into Urg - the big guy in our clan who used to be the Alpha-Hunter but now had to be relegated to just-another-employee, and scared-by-the-fear-of-smiting into subservience to the new dominant paradigm.)

Get with the program. It's only like 12,000 years old now.

Last edited:
Not sure of the current number, But 40ish by the end of this year, peaking to 70 next year, we just took delivery of our 100th Neo a few weeks ago.

Back