Layover food

6E8A43E9-6557-46C0-8F8F-367A2615421C.jpeg

KC BBQ. No notes.

Straight back to work after coming back from Taiwan but I was still in the mood for dumplings. Luckily one of the trips I got called out on had a TPA layover so I could head over to Babushka's in Hyde Park for some, Russian dumplings that is, for a bit of variety.

Vareniki filled with cabbage and mushrooms
20240523_174937.jpg

Khinkali from Georgia with lamb and beef filling. They're soup dumplings, basically like a giant Xiao Long Bao
20240523_175314.jpg

Mocha and croissant sandwich in Reno. I wanted to rent a bike and ride around but layover was just too short.
View attachment 77968

Oh man, my most recent night out in Reno, a couple years back, most of my squadron met up in mid-town for dinner one weekend. Too many dinner drinks later, a bunch of us rented those e scooters. In hindsight, i cant imagine a more dangerous choice. Not sure how i survived. Those things are FAST man!

Straight back to work after coming back from Taiwan but I was still in the mood for dumplings. Luckily one of the trips I got called out on had a TPA layover so I could head over to Babushka's in Hyde Park for some, Russian dumplings that is, for a bit of variety.

Vareniki filled with cabbage and mushrooms
View attachment 78016

Khinkali from Georgia with lamb and beef filling. They're soup dumplings, basically like a giant Xiao Long Bao
View attachment 78017
Oh man, the first and only time I had Georgian food was at Pomegranate in San Diego, which is a ways from downtown so not a great layover spot. But I still think about the food there. So good.

Back